Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stanw

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
I use an Android and have all of my photos uploaded to Dropbox straight from the phone. I also use Gmail for my contacts and calendar.

1. Will iCloud synch my contacts and calendar from Gmail to Contacts and Calendar on the Macs?
2. Can you share photos from the Mac and view them on other Apple devices? What about on an AppleTV? I currently use Dropbox to view my photos on other devices except the AppleTV. Does iCloud work like Dropbox for viewing photos and deleting them, etc.?

Thanks.

pmontanarella

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
I use an Android and have all of my photos uploaded to Dropbox straight from the phone. I also use Gmail for my contacts and calendar.

1. Will iCloud synch my contacts and calendar from Gmail to Contacts and Calendar on the Macs?
2. Can you share photos from the Mac and view them on other Apple devices? What about on an AppleTV? I currently use Dropbox to view my photos on other devices except the AppleTV. Does iCloud work like Dropbox for viewing photos and deleting them, etc.?

Thanks.

To be honest it seems like you have a great setup going using Google + Dropbox. I would advise against using iCloud given that you have an android phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.