Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maddamqueen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2014
I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH INSTALLING A ISO/DMG MAC OS X 10.5.6 INTO MY IMAC SUNFLOWER G4. IT HAS AN OPERATING SYSTEM VERSION10.4.11. I HAVE DOWNLOADED LEOPARD ASSIST AND STARTED IT AND THE INSTALLTION WILL START AND ASK TO RESTART, BUT AFTER THE RESTART IT PROMPTLY GOES BACK TO THE OLD VERSION START UP. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT IM DOING WRONG. I ONLY HAVE THIS PROGRAM ON A USB, AND I DONT HAVE A DUAL BURNER, and I have to use the leopardassist SO IT LIMITS MY OPTIONS.

1. THE LEOPARD ASSIST ISNT BRIDGING FOR THE PROGRAM TO START?
2. THE PROGRAM ISO/DMG IS BROKEN?
3. I NEED MORE TO MY COMPUTER TO INSTALL?
4. THE PROGRAM IS NOT BOOTABLE TO START?
5. AM I SELETING THE WRONG SETTING IN LEOPARD ASSIST?

THIS IS MY FIRST IMAC I HAVE EVER TRIED TO UPGRADE SO I AM A TOTAL ROOKIE. IF ANYONE CAN HELP OR DIRECT ME TO STEP BY STEP DIRECTIONS, TELL ME WHAT IM DOING WRONG WITH THE SET UP.....THANKS A BUNCH...OH YEAH THIS IS DUE IN A WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::apple:

Last edited:

maddamqueen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2014
first, don't shout!

second, you have the wrong dmg - you need the install disks for that m/c.

so that isnt the install disk just an update disk for 10.5.0 leopard? It says mac os x install dvd as the title and its a retail 10.5.6

Last edited:

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH INSTALLING A ISO/DMG MAC OS X 10.5.6 INTO MY IMAC SUNFLOWER G4. IT HAS AN OPERATING SYSTEM VERSION10.4.11. I HAVE DOWNLOADED LEOPARD ASSIST AND STARTED IT AND THE INSTALLTION WILL START AND ASK TO RESTART, BUT AFTER THE RESTART IT PROMPTLY GOES BACK TO THE OLD VERSION START UP. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT IM DOING WRONG. I ONLY HAVE THIS PROGRAM ON A USB, AND I DONT HAVE A DUAL BURNER, SO IT LIMITS MY OPTIONS.

1. THE LEOPARD ASSIST ISNT BRIDGING FOR THE PROGRAM TO START?
2. THE PROGRAM ISO/DMG IS BROKEN?
3. I NEED MORE TO MY COMPUTER TO INSTALL?
4. THE PROGRAM IS NOT BOOTABLE TO START?
5. AM I SELETING THE WRONG SETTING IN LEOPARD ASSIST?

THIS IS MY FIRST IMAC I HAVE EVER TRIED TO UPGRADE SO I AM A TOTAL ROOKIE. IF ANYONE CAN HELP OR DIRECT ME TO STEP BY STEP DIRECTIONS, TELL ME WHAT IM DOING WRONG WITH THE SET UP.....THANKS A BUNCH...OH YEAH THIS IS DUE IN A WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::apple:

First of all, pipe it with the caps. It just makes it hard to read for those who try to help you. Second of all how fast is the processor and do you have enough RAM. This can be found by clicking :apple: in the top left and hitting "About this Mac".

If the Mac is over 867 MHz, you do not need Leopard Assist. Simply insert your DVD into the drive and hold C at start. If you are using a pirated copy, that is all we will do to assist you. We, as an Apple community, do not promote piracy of any kind, especially of Apple's software.

maddamqueen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2014
First of all, pipe it with the caps. It just makes it hard to read for those who try to help you. Second of all how fast is the processor and do you have enough RAM. This can be found by clicking :apple: in the top left and hitting "About this Mac".

If the Mac is over 867 MHz, you do not need Leopard Assist. Simply insert your DVD into the drive and hold C at start. If you are using a pirated copy, that is all we will do to assist you. We, as an Apple community, do not promote piracy of any kind, especially of Apple's software.

No piracy it was giving to me from someone with actual dvd I cant contact at the moment so the usb flash drive is all I was given, and I have to use the Leopard assist : 800mhz PowerPC4, memory 1gb sdram, cpu power pc 2.1
la cache l2 256kb, bus speed 100mhz, serial #qtz2363ifnos. Thanks for the help.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Did they just copy the image to the USB drive and give it to you or did they "Restore" the disk to the USB drive? If it was copied you must burn a copy of Leopard from the image, if restored the USB will act as the CD. Simply hold OPT at boot to select it. You can do this after Leopard Assist shuts down the Mac, when you hear the chime hold OPT and see if Leopard starts.

maddamqueen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2014
Did they just copy the image to the USB drive and give it to you or did they "Restore" the disk to the USB drive? If it was copied you must burn a copy of Leopard from the image, if restored the USB will act as the CD. Simply hold OPT at boot to select it. You can do this after Leopard Assist shuts down the Mac, when you hear the chime hold OPT and see if Leopard starts.

I cant tell you which one it is but you have totally helped. I will find out if its a copy or restore.. THANK YOU (in caps).lol. :)

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
I cant tell you which one it is but you have totally helped. I will find out if its a copy or restore.. THANK YOU (in caps).lol. :)

The way to tell is if when you plug it in, it will show up as "Mac OS X Install DVD" or something like that. If you open the drive it will show the installer. If they just copied the Leopard image it will be one file on the USB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.