Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zellio

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 7, 2012
IMAG0065_zpskqd3oj4q.jpg

A little while ago I finally got a g3 imac that I wanted for awhile... for $15. Also got those eyeball harmon kardon speakers for the imac g4. The g4 is gonna get an upgrade to tiger for use as a player for my 14,000 songs and a movie player (It may skip a bit it's only 800 mhz...). The g3 is to play games in 9.2.2.

So anyway, I am not using the keyboards from that time, I'm using a new wired mac keyboard. I think it still goes decently well. But the mouse... I'd like a mouse that looks right. I do have that useless mouse the g4 had, with glass, but it's one button :rolleyes:

Anyone know of a mouse with two buttons, but looks halfway good in this setup? I'm using a kv/m switch so I only need one..

RMo

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
Iowa, USA
Anyone know of a mouse with two buttons, but looks halfway good in this setup?

I would suggest the (wired) Mighty Mouse, now simply called Apple Mouse, but that only works in 10.4.8 or later and it sounds like you want to use it for gaming in OS 9. I'm sure it would work as a one-button mouse in OS 9, but you'd probably lose the non-default two-button functionality unless there's third-party software that can help with that.

That being said, MacAlly makes a couple USB mice that should work. They are mostly white and are probably the closest match you can get if you want to match the keyboard. They also have wireless ones that should work if they use a receiver (unless there is a supported Bluetooth solution on the G3) and don't require software (unless it runs on that Mac), but I'd probably not bother with that.

That being said, if it were me, I'd probably go with a cheap Logitech or the AmazonBasics wired mouse, but being mostly back (occasionally gray, sometimes other colors) they may not match as well as you like. :)

Zellio

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 7, 2012
Eh, I looked up the mighty mouse, and it seems highly gimmicky, like the magic mouse (Although the magic mouse is an improvement and I do like it, but it's definitely not for gaming, and it's too small for me). It's all touch based, and you can't press more then one 'button' at a time.

Also, I need a wired mouse. Again, I'm connected via a usb kv/m switch, and the mouse is connected to the keyboard (Which is connected to the kv/m). So one press and the usb connection goes to the other device.

RMo

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
Iowa, USA
Eh, I looked up the mighty mouse, and it seems highly gimmicky, like the magic mouse (Although the magic mouse is an improvement and I do like it, but it's definitely not for gaming, and it's too small for me). It's all touch based, and you can't press more then one 'button' at a time.

Also, I need a wired mouse. Again, I'm connected via a usb kv/m switch, and the mouse is connected to the keyboard (Which is connected to the kv/m). So one press and the usb connection goes to the other device.

I didn't actually suggest the Mighty Mouse because of other considerations I mentioned. Did you see my other suggestions? They are wired.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.