Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMacUnsure

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
Southern US
Last night I woke my iMac from sleep mode and I get a updating software notice now this would not seem so weird but I do not know what it was updating? I check the App Store and there was no updates available there. My last update from there was January 26 2014. Does anyone know what it could have possible been updating? Or is it some kind of key logger or something?

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
Last night I woke my iMac from sleep mode and I get a updating software notice now this would not seem so weird but I do not know what it was updating? I check the App Store and there was no updates available there. My last update from there was January 26 2014. Does anyone know what it could have possible been updating? Or is it some kind of key logger or something?

OS X will install updates in the background by default.

Most likely, during sleep, your iMac finished downloading the update and installed it in the background. Newer iMacs can do this while sleeping.

macs4nw

macrumors 601

System Preferences > Software update > Installed Software, should tell you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.