Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nalk7

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Functionally it won't be any different, things will just look nicer. Bitmap programs like photoshop are a different story.

nontroppo

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2009
I would say the substantially improved glyph rendering for fonts highly functional for many people using Illustrator, also being able to jump up to higher resolutions quickly to minimise UI area is great...

You are less likely to get aliasing artifacts with complex illustrations when zoomed out, and will resolve substantially more detail in such cases.

Less glare, and fast as hell...

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
You can see small details without having to zoom back and forth. If you're working for print it's more representative of how it will turn out. You'll be less likely to go "well **** I didn't notice this tiny detail that's annoying me". Stuff like very precise alignment.

Other than that the rMBP's display has very accurate colors and has close to 100% sRGB gamut which is a plus for designers, although that's not a result of HiDPI.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.