Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pauly1

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
Purchased an iphone 4s white online. I want to purchase a case for it. From what i read otterbox is the best but i know otterbox defender is very big and bulky. I do not like that at all. I know there is a commuter series as well and that isn't that bulky. Would you guys recommend that instead? I seen commuter on amazon but big problem is they dont have it in white or grey which would look nice with the white iphone.

Does anyone have opinion on this one on ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Apple-i...DA_Cases&var=650121319881&hash=item58a2dbfd46

The first thing that caught my attention is this one looks very stylish in the pictures and its 7 dollars. Otterbox are 35+ for defender and commuter is 25+ but this one just looks really stylish. I mean it looks better than the otterbox when i look at the pictures.

Thoughts on this one? Is the protection of it okay?

So if i drop my iphone 4s on the floor with an otterbox... nothing will happen to the iphone but with this case... it probably would damage my iphone because it cost less? Again i like this one because it looks really nice and because of the color and it looks pretty light.

I am close to 100 percent not going to buy otterbox defender b/c of the bulkiness. Commuter series i dont mind though but are there any white or gray ones looking like this one?

I also like to add that i will be pretty careful with my iphone. So the otterbox is for best drop protection. But stylish its probably not? I would assume this case is probably very good in terms of style but protection is almost useless? If so... what protection does this offer if it isn't good against drops?

Is there a case thats both stylish and have good protection or there isn't anything like that?

TribeFan1

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2013
So on your other thread you complain about the otter box defender being too big and bulky but the one you want is a knock off that is just as big and bulky, not to mention cheap? Look at the commuter or the candyshell or any other case best buy has to offer. Otterbox backs it up with a great warranty and great customer service. That "great design" you mention is a direct copy and is as big and bulky. You bought an iPhone. Protect the investment.

pauly1

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
So on your other thread you complain about the otter box defender being too big and bulky but the one you want is a knock off that is just as big and bulky, not to mention cheap? Look at the commuter or the candyshell or any other case best buy has to offer. Otterbox backs it up with a great warranty and great customer service. That "great design" you mention is a direct copy and is as big and bulky. You bought an iPhone. Protect the investment.

It doesn't look bulky at all. Are you sure?

TribeFan1

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2013
It doesn't look bulky at all. Are you sure?

It's the same as the defender. The inner and outer shells are the same. I had one and bulk was never an issue. It's a great case, kept the phone on the car when I left it on the roof

pauly1

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
It's the same as the defender. The inner and outer shells are the same. I had one and bulk was never an issue. It's a great case, kept the phone on the car when I left it on the roof

Wait so you bought this exact one on ebay from this seller?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.