Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jeffri07

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2014
Hello,

I am in search of a Apple Pages power user who can assist me with some automation (I am willing to pay for the assistance!)

Essentially, I have a series of one sided, one page newsletters. The headers and footers are fixed (however each one is different and customized with a different name).

The body, or content, between the header and footer changes each month.

My current workflow is-

1) Dozens of templates for each custom newsletter

2) Create monthly content (body) in my personal template.

3) Copy and paste the content (body) manually into each template.

4) Export each as a PDF

Since the Pages "upgrade", when I copy and paste the sizing will not stay consistent when I copy and paste. So for each template I need to manually open the template, copy and paste, and then resize each piece before exporting to a PDF.

I am looking for someone who may be able to assist me with setting up a full, or partial, automation of this process.

Ideally, I would like to create the content (body) in my personal template and then run some sort of script/program which will insert the content (body) into all of the saved templates and then export them directly to PDF.

Thanks for bearing with this question and if you feel you may be able to help please DM/PM me and I can give additional details!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.