Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caribsa

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 11, 2013
So last month there was thread on how us iPad owners that moved to IOS 7 could not find a decent theme for the iPad. While there were tons of good themes for the iPhone, there was not any wow themes in my opinion for the iPad. Things are finally looking up since I actually found several that I loved. I actually had choices and did not feel like I was settling.:D I chose to go with Original for iPad theme. I used to alternate between 3 themes in IOS 6 with o hassle but IOS 7 makes that impossible. FolderIcons does not work on the iPad so you have to theme the icons inside the folders to get a cohesive look. Too much work making an icon for every app in IOS 7. So that's the reason why I love Original theme. Instead, I just change the wallpaper to get a different look on my iPad.

Here are some themes release for the iPad that I think looks really good. Original, Laguna, Ner0 Black or White. If you come across a great iPad theme please list it in this thread.

Attachments

• original.png
    original.png
    403.5 KB · Views: 229
  • Laguna.jpg
    Laguna.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 171
  • ner0 black.png
    ner0 black.png
    524 KB · Views: 141
  • Ner0 white.png
    Ner0 white.png
    280 KB · Views: 146

cobbyco

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2012
I 'came across' this theme called UltraFlat for iOS 7. Absolutely nothing to do with me whatsoever... :D

66Jxmjo.png

caribsa

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 11, 2013
You can find them all on Cydia.

Here's a few screenshot of my favorite, Original for iPad!

E4bO77y.jpg

o98phvG.jpg

KfzYdYp.jpg

ePgXRR8.jpg

Pu3y1ou.jpg

LIOoVou.jpg

q9pppL3.jpg

ME6ztmX.jpg

Last edited:

caribsa

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 11, 2013
Is there a section just for iPad themes?

They are all in the Modmyi Repo, so just search the names Original, Laguna, Ner0 Black or White in Cydia. There should be the word iPad in the name for all the iPad versions. For Example, Original for iPad, Laguna 3 for ios 7 iPad, Ner0 for iPad (that's the black version) or Ner0 White Edition for iPad. So like I say, the word iPad will appear in the title.

A few more original screenshots!

TjS2MxM.jpg

hCs2vwe.jpg

rHtCHmR.jpg

tnitf9Y.jpg

voPhknB.jpg

Last edited:

Skizzy

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2013
Anyone know if Original or UltraFlat are compatible with iconOmatic? There are quite a few icons that aren't themed with original, including Tapatalk HD.

caribsa

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 11, 2013
Anyone know if Original or UltraFlat are compatible with iconOmatic? There are quite a few icons that aren't themed with original, including Tapatalk HD.

I think if it's not, it will be soon. It was submitted per his thread in Modmyi in the iPhone Design section. Also, there's a mistake of why Contact is not theme in the iPad verson. The contact folder somehow ended inside the Chase Folder, so until he updates it, go to theme/original/folders/chase.app and cut the contact.app folder and paste in theme/original/folders/

hackthatphone

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2010
Wow those clear icons look hideous on those busy backgrounds. Maybe only a solid color would work?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.