Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gdeusthewhizkid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
NY|NJ
Thinking of purchasing this for 600. Business is picking up for me and my MacBook pro and mac pro are starting to be slow to me.. What do you guys think of this for photo editing and final pro x editing? Plus it annoys me that I cant have the latest operating system without a ton of updates... and upgrades...

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Thinking of purchasing this for 600. Business is picking up for me and my MacBook pro and mac pro are starting to be slow to me.. What do you guys think of this for photo editing and final pro x editing? Plus it annoys me that I cant have the latest operating system without a ton of updates... and upgrades...

BTW, tried to put an SSD on your existing devices? It may be a much more economic solution as you'll end up having to put an SSD in the iMac too to greatly speed it up.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007

C2D MBP can upgrade HD easily and can install Mavericks.

However, the iMac will be much faster than it.

You can probably sell the Mac Pro for a few hundred. So you are not spending that much more for an upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.