Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StinkyDonk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2012
I had BytaFont on my iOS 5.1.1. & i had 1 font selected for everything & that was it - it applied for EVERYTHING, bar nothing.

Now on iOS7, i have BytaFont2. I found the font i wanted but thought there were less options than before of what i could apply it to. It applies to most things. When i SMS or Whatsapp - the keyboard displays the new font. However when i need the keyboard to log in to FinyMyiPhone or put in a car registration to MyFreeCarCheck .... the keyboard is totally stock.

Why? & how to fix? Can it even be fixed?

The BytaFont2 options now are:

* Camera
* iBooks
* Keyboard
* System

I typed in "BytaFont advanced" to google images to see if i could get the old options & this is what i found...

BytaFont_Advanced.png

More options.

How do i get the font i want to apply for EVERYTHING as it once did?

StinkyDonk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2012
Strange one...

Beforehand, i had the problem i mentioned.

Since i updated to iOS 7, i was then able to update to the newest FindMyiPhone. The keyboard is now with the new fonts, however MyFreeCarCheck is stock keyboard.

I wonder if the new keyboard only applies to apps that've been designed for/under iOS7?

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Strange one...

Beforehand, i had the problem i mentioned.

Since i updated to iOS 7, i was then able to update to the newest FindMyiPhone. The keyboard is now with the new fonts, however MyFreeCarCheck is stock keyboard.

I wonder if the new keyboard only applies to apps that've been designed for/under iOS7?

By stock keyboard, do you mean iOS 6 keyboard or iOS 7 keyboard?

Or are you just saying the font is stock iOS 7?

I think there's lots of misunderstanding here

StinkyDonk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2012
In that case, allow me to explain...

Here's what my keyboard looks like when opening Messages (or Whatsapp, or Facebook etc)...

New font on the keyboard layout. Everything fine.

Yet when i open the app - MyFreeCarCheck...

Boring old font on the keyboard layout.

When i had BytaFont on iOS 5.1.1. the new font applied for EVERYTHING.

Hope this helps?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.