Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jasonfodor

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2012
want it to be clear to show off phone.
want it to be slim.
don't want it to scratch/dent sides of phone like most hard plastic cases do.

mikemj23

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
I just got the Caudabe Veil and it is exactly what I was looking for. A couple people have asked why I don't have a case on it anymore.

GalvaJ

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2011
As mikemj23 suggested, The Veil from Caudabe might be what you're looking for. I use the black one on my Space Gray 5S and love it. No bulk whatsoever, just there for scratch protection.

Or if you like bumpers, Elago makes an awesome bumper in many colors. Just got this one today and I'm loving it.
pa8esusa.jpg
e4asudub.jpg

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
Agreed. If you want slim, it doesn't get any better than the Caudabe Veil. I've got the frost on my iPhone and it looks superb - because you're looking at the actual iPhone and not a case.

bhigh8

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012
As mikemj23 suggested, The Veil from Caudabe might be what you're looking for. I use the black one on my Space Gray 5S and love it. No bulk whatsoever, just there for scratch protection.

Or if you like bumpers, Elago makes an awesome bumper in many colors. Just got this one today and I'm loving it. ImageImage

You got any pics you can post of the veil on your space gray phone. Thanks.

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Wow the Veil is really thin! How is the feel/materials? I found that the Apple leather case was the best combination of thinness and feel of material but if the Veil doesn't feel plasticky and cheap, might have to get it!

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
I've been using a poetic case for the past year and a half. It's great. One downside is, it's a bit tight, so can't take it out of the case very often, but I'm ok with that
http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Atmosphere-T-Mobile-Verizon-Gray/dp/B0093CDLM0

Got that and hated it. The bottom lip was ridiculously floppy and as you said it was near impossible to remove. For the money, the luvvitt is way better and at least 100% clear. My personal choice is still the Caudabe Veil because of how thin it is, but get it if you're very careful with your phone.

GalvaJ

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2011
Awesome looking. Do you use a screen protector since there is no lay on table design on front?

Nah, I'm not a fan of using screen protector.s I find the crystal clear films to be an annoying and smudgy mess once they lose their oleo phobic coating. And I used Power Support and Spigen films so they weren't cheap. Plus they scratched easy even though they were considered to be of higher quality

I haven't looked back since. I love the look and feel of the naked glass. I never lay my phone screen down unless it's rocking a case with a lip and my left pocket of my pants are strictly for my phone and never anything else so I've never scratched a screen or had any other type of incident.

bhigh8

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012
Nah, I'm not a fan of using screen protector.s I find the crystal clear films to be an annoying and smudgy mess once they lose their oleo phobic coating. And I used Power Support and Spigen films so they weren't cheap. Plus they scratched easy even though they were considered to be of higher quality

I haven't looked back since. I love the look and feel of the naked glass. I never lay my phone screen down unless it's rocking a case with a lip and my left pocket of my pants are strictly for my phone and never anything else so I've never scratched a screen or had any other type of incident.

Sounds like me. I don't use screen protectors but with no lip on front I was hesitant. Just ordered wisp black veil. Thanks for the help.

GalvaJ

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2011
Sounds like me. I don't use screen protectors but with no lip on front I was hesitant. Just ordered wisp black veil. Thanks for the help.

No problem. I'm sure you'll enjoy that case.

Macral

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2012
Power Support Air Jacket.
It's more expensive compare to other cases but it comes with two screen protectors, both anti glare and crystal clear.

Attachments

• iPhone.jpg
    iPhone.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 245

LiveinRiot

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2012
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
se8a8eja.jpg
y2ujezy5.jpg

Sorry about my English this is not my primary language.

A bought this case in Brazil's market called Kallunga. It's clean and thin as you can see on the photos. I think that you can buy cases like that in the Amazon. The name of case's mark is Geonav.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.