Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drarif87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2014
Hi guyz i have noticed that my iphone 5s is getting too hot while using on 3g. Battery temperature is going upto 39C..is it normal for it to be heating up like this??

RemarkabLee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2007
Under normal circumstances it will get warm if the chipset is working hard and you are crunching lots of data, e.g. watching streaming videos or playing games.

Perth12

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2013
Hi guyz i have noticed that my iphone 5s is getting too hot while using on 3g. Battery temperature is going upto 39C..is it normal for it to be heating up like this??

how are you measuring the battery temp?

Drarif87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2014
Under normal circumstances it will get warm if the chipset is working hard and you are crunching lots of data, e.g. watching streaming videos or playing games.
Not watching videos,no games, just browsing and whatsapp..

----------

how are you measuring the battery temp?
Using batterlogger plus from cydia.

----------

I would bring it into apple, my phone (5s) only gets slightly warm.

Actually i purchased my iphone frm dubai.now im in india . So can't go to apple ..sucks #

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Not watching videos,no games, just browsing and whatsapp..

----------

Using batterlogger plus from cydia.

It could be one of the other jailbreak tweaks or apps you've installed. I've run into issues where they would run in the background and kill my battery.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Something is using CPU cycles. I can get the same results running navigon and listening to music via iTunes Match.

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
unless it's getting hot to the touch, don't worry about it. it's going to warm up some when you use it, and you're going to feel it through that al-you-mini-um.

Drarif87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2014
unless it's getting hot to the touch, don't worry about it. it's going to warm up some when you use it, and you're going to feel it through that al-you-mini-um.
I get about full network here..and it doesn't heat up on wifi connection..only when i use 3g it heats up too much..because of the heating problem the battery is also dying very quickly..and it gets really hot..feels very uncomfortable to hold it while using..

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I get about full network here..and it doesn't heat up on wifi connection..only when i use 3g it heats up too much..because of the heating problem the battery is also dying very quickly..and it gets really hot..feels very uncomfortable to hold it while using..

3G uses more power than WiFi or LTE.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Alrighty thnx #
And no one gets 8hrs of usage on 3g..apple's claims are false.
And also my battery drops about 10-15% in 5 hrs of standby ..any fix for that??

I just posted that for comparison purposes. The battery won't last as long on 3G as it will on WiFi or LTE.

Post a screen shot of your time since last full charge. It's in Settings > General > Usage.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
And also my battery drops about 10-15% in 5 hrs of standby ..any fix for that??

I'm don't JB so turn off / uninstall your JB tweaks or apps (whatever is proper verbiage). :)

You can try a simple reset to kill all the processes but they may start back up depending on what the issue is. If your phone doesn't do this before you JB then you'll need to figure out what you did to cause it. There are some really knowledgeable JB people in this forum, or you could try the JB forum if you don't get a good response here.

Drarif87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2014
I'm don't JB so turn off / uninstall your JB tweaks or apps (whatever is proper verbiage). :)

You can try a simple reset to kill all the processes but they may start back up depending on what the issue is. If your phone doesn't do this before you JB then you'll need to figure out what you did to cause it. There are some really knowledgeable JB people in this forum, or you could try the JB forum if you don't get a good response here.
So i restored my iphone from iTunes and had set it up as new..and agn did a jb..now it seems to b working so much better ..

tateu

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2012
iPhone 5s, 1.5 hours of Waze GPS with the screen on and using 4G/LTE and the phone on my dashboard in the sun: 107.6° F (42.0° C).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.