Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lynzyeh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2012
Hi,
I have an issue with my phone that I am having difficulty finding a reason for why its happening.
I have an iPhone 4 and within the last 2 weeks or so a message flashes on the screen requesting me to change the pass code. It gives me an option of pressing "Later" or "Continue". Other times it asks for it to be changed within 60 minutes. Its happened about 4 times in the last 2 weeks, one one occasion it asked to be changed 2 days in a row.

Its more annoying than anything else, I just want to know if anyone else has come across this before and if there's a reason for it.

The only thing that I can think of is that I downloaded a security app called Lookout, could it be related to this app somehow? It keeps me up to date when there's a new update for my phone etc, so could it be just extra security?

Anyway, if anyone has a clue I would be most grateful!

Thanks,

Lynsey

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
My iphone never asks or asked me to change my passcode.
Its either that particular security app you installed or could be a security feature if you're using the phone with your works exchange activesync server and their security admin set it up.

lynzyeh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2012
Thanks for the reply. I really don't know, I updated the software on my phone and it hasn't happens since so fingers crossed that it has rectified.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.