Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

punchwalk

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 16, 2010
Maryland, USA
Hi all. I'm posting this in the OS X Mavericks forum because this problem did not start occurring until after I upgraded OS X from 10.9.1 to 10.9.2 a couple of nights ago.

I'm one of those overly-cautious folks who resets Safari at least once or twice a day. Since upgrading to 10.9.2, resetting Safari (with all options checked) causes Safari to hang/beach ball indefinitely about 20% of the time. A force quit resolves the issue, but it's a little annoying. Has anyone else experienced this?

Gochugogi

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2013
Sandwich Isles
I used to see the beach ball for a few nanoseconds here and there in Safari under 10.91. Oddly haven't seen the cute little spinner at all since 10.92.

martosprint

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2010
Florida
I installed the update 10.9.2 when it first came out and it seemed to have solved the beach balling which I had prior to 10.9.2 and haven't seen the beach ball since. That update has solved the problem.

Silver Smith

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2014
Hi all. I'm posting this in the OS X Mavericks forum because this problem did not start occurring until after I upgraded OS X from 10.9.1 to 10.9.2 a couple of nights ago.

I'm one of those overly-cautious folks who resets Safari at least once or twice a day. Since upgrading to 10.9.2, resetting Safari (with all options checked) causes Safari to hang/beach ball indefinitely about 20% of the time. A force quit resolves the issue, but it's a little annoying. Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi
I've have the same issue since 10.9.2. Trying to sort via the Apple forum. I've a Macbook late 2008 and all reset options ticked except the notification warnings one. No extensions. Only, iPhoto, QT and flash plugins. The longer I have safari open before resetting the more likely it's occurring.

Have you had any success in resolving? If so how?

SM:confused:

thirdeyeopen666

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2007
Sounds like it could be corrupted bookmarks. I'd export your bookmarks, delete them manually in Finder and then re-import them.

punchwalk

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 16, 2010
Maryland, USA
For anyone who finds this thread: The issue appears to have been resolved by OS X 10.9.3, Safari 7.0.4, or a combination of the two.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.