Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luckyparadox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2004
I know how the Gracenote database works with actual CDs. What if I want to import a Burned copy of a CD--not a mix-cd, but an exact copy of a CD that is in the Gracenote database (I checked on the website)? If it really goes by length of the album and tracks, then it should be able to find my burned CDs in the database. But what if it doesn't?

It doesn't make sense that iTunes can't insert track names, even when I tell it quite clearly that these sixteen tracks make up such-and-such album by you-know-who artist. Anybody know of a way to accomplish this?

croshtique

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2005
Cambridge, UK
Is
Advanced > Submit CD track names
what you're after?

[edit]
OK, I see what you mean. If the track numbers and lengths are exactly the same as the original CD then Gracenote should find it. If not then it'll have to be done manually. Perhaps you could submit a feature request for this to Apple?

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
croshtique said:
Is
Advanced > Submit CD track names
what you're after?

I think he was looking for an option of being able to tell iTunes "Hey, this burned disc is "With Teeth" by NIN" so that iTunes will automatically add all the meta data upon import just like if he was importing from the actual "With Teeth" disc.

Lethal

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.