Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimmylet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2014
Hello,

Sorry for my bad english, it's not my language.

I have a problem with my iPhone 4. Unintentionally, I deleted the file / mnt1/System.

It is wanting bypass my iPhone because of the iCloud protection.

I tried to restore the system files by taking on another iPhone 4 but my program displays an error "not the same serial number."

Can you help me?
The restoration does not work. How can it work?

thank you

Reactions: eidgrand

jahall05

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2013
What were you trying to bypass? The iCloud Activation Lock? For as far as I know, you can't bypass it.

I wouldn't recommend tinkering with important system files in the future. Your best bet might be to take it to an Apple store and see if they can restore it. They may not do anything though since you deleted files that weren't ever meant to be accessed by the end user, though.

Good luck

jimmylet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2014
What were you trying to bypass? The iCloud Activation Lock? For as far as I know, you can't bypass it.

I wouldn't recommend tinkering with important system files in the future. Your best bet might be to take it to an Apple store and see if they can restore it. They may not do anything though since you deleted files that weren't ever meant to be accessed by the end user, though.

Good luck

For the iPhone 4, it's possible. I succeeded in pass the activation BUT I click "replace" instead of "merge" and the folder has been replaced by a folder that contained only a single file.

It is possible to restore the system files?
Or those necessary for the restauration?

jahall05

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2013
Why are you trying to bypass the activation lock? Just login to your iCloud account and you wouldn't need to do this.

If you have another reason, please share.

I don't know what can be done at this point.

k6dy

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2014
cameroun
deleted mnt1 and mnt2 iphone 4

hi jymmlet . i have also deleted mnt1 and mnt2 . and my iphone get not more on springboard and in can't restaure it . i have already all tryied on itune but not going . i believe that the only solution will be to copie the same folder mnt1 et mnt2 of another iphone 4 . i need also these folder to repair my iphone . if only somebody could upload these folder we could resolve our problem . i'm verry sorry but english is not my language , because i have make some mistake. thx

k6dy

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2014
cameroun
Ok . I need to replace the folder mnt1 and mnt2 in the root of my i4 . If you could take these which are in your i4 , you could send me that inbox for example . I wait your answer . Thx and wen I have say , I'm frenchspeaker so , sorry for the mistake .

Last edited:

db25s

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2011
ok sorry for the delay, let me know the path for the folders because im a bit noob on such things!

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2008
California
I'm not sure the mnt folder from another iPhone 4 would work. I'd imagine they make these serial specific and hide the more sensitive files from file viewers by default.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.