Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quest7

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
oklahoma city
Okay, so I did it. I have the iPhone 5s and lots of questions. What is the easiest way to transfer my pics from android to my new iPhone, also will it be hard to move my music over as well?

recklesslife85

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2012
Okay, so I did it. I have the iPhone 5s and lots of questions. What is the easiest way to transfer my pics from android to my new iPhone, also will it be hard to move my music over as well?

Welcome, and you wont regret moving over.

iTunes is the answer for both questions. Pull all pictures off your android phone and music then sync them to your iPhone through iTunes.

quest7

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
oklahoma city
Welcome, and you wont regret moving over.

iTunes is the answer for both questions. Pull all pictures off your android phone and music then sync them to your iPhone through iTunes.

This is gonna sound dumb, but the guys rushed me through everything at the Apple store. I am still trying to find and download iTunes.

quest7

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
oklahoma city
Thanks. This is gonna take some getting use to. Okay this is not turning out go.

Last edited:

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Okay this is not turning out go.

As anytime you switch platform.

iTunes is the official way to do things in IOS, it's getting some used to, but if you don't fight it you will be OK. If u get mad while going through all the configurations and constantly go, why can't iPhone do like Android, then perhaps you want to take advantage of that 30 days...

Just one thing, if your music is already ID3 tagged properly then you are already half way there, otherwise is gonna take some work but the good thing is, you don't have to do everything in one seating.

quest7

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
oklahoma city
Thanks for telling me that, you must be a mind reader. I dont think I had a good experience at the Apple store. It is snowing here and its like they were in a rush, they passed me to 3 or 4 different people. Then I had to set up two apple accounts(iTunes and another one). I told them I didn't know anything about apple or iTunes. Came home and called customer service and did a remote assistance. I got lost trying to navigate through itunes.This is going to take some time.

I can take my time with the music, but I wanted my family pics on here. Only half moved over. Also, adding my calendar dates was different.

Last edited:

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Get Dropbox on your old Android phone and upload your pictures.

Then you can view/download them in the app on your phone.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Are you sure you went to an Apple Store?

Apple Store employees do not take commissions, thus they DO NOT rush anyone through anything. They typically offer twice to help set things up.

This is gonna sound dumb, but the guys rushed me through everything at the Apple store. I am still trying to find and download iTunes.

So you have difficulty using a search engine?

Thanks for telling me that, you must be a mind reader. I dont think I had a good experience at the Apple store. It is snowing here and its like they were in a rush, they passed me to 3 or 4 different people. Then I had to set up two apple accounts(iTunes and another one). I told them I didn't know anything about apple or iTunes. Came home and called customer service and did a remote assistance. I got lost trying to navigate through itunes.This is going to take some time.

I can take my time with the music, but I wanted my family pics on here. Only half moved over. Also, adding my calendar dates was different.

Here's how to add photos. Just select a folder. Is selecting a folder difficult?

Windows http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12316?viewlocale=en_US
Mac http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12116

quest7

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
oklahoma city
It was snowing and they were about to leave. I think they may have thought I was familiar with the set up. They did tell me about the workshops though.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
It was snowing and they were about to leave. I think they may have thought I was familiar with the set up. They did tell me about the workshops though.

You get it sorted out?

A switch from Android to iOS or vice versa is quite a learning curve. People say "it just works" which may or may not be true but if you are unfamiliar with the platform it doesn't "just work". The reason is because you have a tendency to do things the way you are used too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.