Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

csvke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2014
There used to be iLostFinder and a few more tweaks that can prevent phone from switching off, take a picture of the stealer who tried to unlock your phone and send it to an email address etc.

But none of those tweaks seem to be working with iOS7 anymore...

What are you guys having to beef up security of your phone?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
This and having something like flipcontrolcenter to prevent airplane mode from being activated on the lock screen.

Why do you need a hack for that?
Settings/control center/access on lock screen OFF.
I'm using iGotYa and its a great hack.
It also disables power down when the phone is locked with a passcode.

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
Why do you need a hack for that?
Settings/control center/access on lock screen OFF.
I'm using iGotYa and its a great hack.
It also disables power down when the phone is locked with a passcode.

Well I like to have the flashlight handy, Bluetooth and do not disturb as well. But yeah I use igotya as well to prevent the phone from being turned off, very useful.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Well I like to have the flashlight handy, Bluetooth and do not disturb as well. But yeah I use igotya as well to prevent the phone from being turned off, very useful.
I'm not on iOS 7, but can't you just assign an Activator action to the flash?

I've got Short hold on my power button assigned to that.

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
I'm not on iOS 7, but can't you just assign an Activator action to the flash?

I've got Short hold on my power button assigned to that.

I'm sure you could but I just don't use activator lol

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I'm sure you could but I just don't use activator lol
OK, well we all have our preferences. :cool:

This was the very first thing my wife demanded of me when I jailbroke her iPhone. One of the things she liked about the iPhone was the ability to use an app to use the flash as a flashlight. But, when she discovered that using Activator I could just assign it to a hardware button I was railroaded into doing that for her. :)

PicnicTutorials

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2013
I got to use it once on my wife's phone. She is having a competition with herself to see how many iPhones she can go through. On her 5th now I think. Broke, lost, thrown against wall, etc. Lol anyways she drove off with it on the roof. Used find my phone and tracked it down to a gardeners pocket. That was cool to find it.

LoLife

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2010
Reno, NV
I actually have been using cylay. It is a pretty cool anti protection and it even provides a live streaming feed from your iPhone. Works well for me and runs on 7.0.4

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I actually have been using cylay. It is a pretty cool anti protection and it even provides a live streaming feed from your iPhone. Works well for me and runs on 7.0.4
Cylay was another one I was going to mention originally, but I forgot the name. It's a good tweak, however I do note that both the dev and fans of this tweak fail to mention that it requires a yearly subscription after the first month. You only find that out after you install the tweak.

While iGotYa and iCaughtU Pro are not free, you aren't paying yearly to continue to use them.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Cylay was another one I was going to mention originally, but I forgot the name. It's a good tweak, however I do note that both the dev and fans of this tweak fail to mention that it requires a yearly subscription after the first month. You only find that out after you install the tweak.

While iGotYa and iCaughtU Pro are not free, you aren't paying yearly to continue to use them.

I love it... I'd bet that having pictures of the thief and location don't recover but one in a thousand phones. ... In a dense city like NYC or LA, having a city block narrowed down might narrow you to 10,000 possible thief's. My iPhone 5 was stolen in Buenos Aires last year, and I tracked it to a 40 story residential tower. Big help that was LOL

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I love it... I'd bet that having pictures of the thief and location don't recover but one in a thousand phones. ... In a dense city like NYC or LA, having a city block narrowed down might narrow you to 10,000 possible thief's. My iPhone 5 was stolen in Buenos Aires last year, and I tracked it to a 40 story residential tower. Big help that was LOL

Start kicking in doors:)

1984world

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2008
I use icaughtupro, cylay, and ownspy. Between these three, I always know what is going on on my phone if it's not with me. Better safe than sorry. And with findmyfriends, findmyiphone, etc. on it too, all the bases are covered. Then lock down with passcode, androidlock, use bioprotect, and all the bases are covered.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
I use icaughtupro, cylay, and ownspy. Between these three, I always know what is going on on my phone if it's not with me. Better safe than sorry. And with findmyfriends, findmyiphone, etc. on it too, all the bases are covered. Then lock down with passcode, androidlock, use bioprotect, and all the bases are covered.

Using all of these is a bit of an overkill. None of them will work when your battery is dead from having too many tweaks installed, hehe

1984world

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2008
I have a battery case on my phone, I work 10 hour plus work days and never die out. Plus, I carry an anker portable battery, very thin and compact and can recharge my phone if the case died out too. But honestly, I have this on 5 different iphones in our house and haven't noticed any noticeable battery drain on any of them. This is with iphone 4 (X2) , 4s, and 5s.

cnotes2019

Suspended
Aug 17, 2013
Okay so I purchased licenses for all three devices. Now email alerts work fine but sms alerts don't work at all for all devices. I've tried different numbers and reset network settings and respring but no luck. Any ideas or shall I need to contact developer ASAP? ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.