Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

auronrenouille

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2011
I'd like to buy a wireless headset primarily for use with my Macbook Pro, but being able to pair it to two devices would be helpful, as I could also pair it with my iPhone or my PS3 (requiring compatibility with Bluetooth 2.0); primary use will be on Skype or Teamspeak. I stupidly purchased the Samsung HM 1300 headset at Radio Shack for $30 (I know, I should know better, but it was pouring down rain and they were right there) and the sound quality was horrendous - the static was quite loud and the voices sounded as though they were 50 feet away. The box was slightly damaged so I fear that someone else returned them as defective and they resold them to me; needless to say, they will be returned and I've been painfully reminded why I never buy from Radio Shack.

That having been said, any recommendations for me? I'd like to stay around $30, $40 at the most; I'm not looking for high-quality audio for iTunes, but if the sound quality is substantially poorer than my Mac's built-in speaker such that I'm having trouble understanding other people on Teamspeak, then there's not much point to this endeavor.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.