Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IscariotJ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 13, 2004
UK
Has anyone managed to rip / encode Thor - The Dark World with Malekith's forced subs? I've ripped the BD with AnyDVD HD, and then encoded playlist 800 ( 801 appears to have a loud bleep just as it starts ) with Handbrake, but they don't appear. I've tried with setting the subs to English and checking Forced Only, and get nothing. If I uncheck Forced Only, I get all subs. It's as if they're in another track ( I have the same problem with TS3 and Buzz's subs when he's reset to Spanish ). Tis driving me nuts....

BuddyRich

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2012
In MakeMKV they were in the 3rd English subtitle track but they were not marked as forced but a full subtitle track.

IscariotJ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 13, 2004
UK
In MakeMKV they were in the 3rd English subtitle track but they were not marked as forced but a full subtitle track.

Hmmm, may have to give MakeMKV a go. The rip from AnyDVD HD is showing only two English subtitle tracks for 800 / 802, but only a single subtitle track for 801.

Cheers!

rayward

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2007
Houston, TX
Hmmm, may have to give MakeMKV a go. The rip from AnyDVD HD is showing only two English subtitle tracks for 800 / 802, but only a single subtitle track for 801.

Cheers!

Also, just have Handbrake search for and burn in the forced subs. Makes life a lot easier.

IscariotJ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 13, 2004
UK
Also, just have Handbrake search for and burn in the forced subs. Makes life a lot easier.

Didn't even know it could do that....! Will try that for the Buzz's Spanish subs on TS3 ( have found the Dark Elf subs; I added in the second English subtitle track, and left Forced Only unchecked ).

Cheers all, appreciate the help....

hook213

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2010
If you're still looking for the fix.....

email me dsabine AT gmail and I'll reply directly. I had a detailed post reply, that spelled everything out perfectly and MacRumors logged me out and it was GONE....UGH #$%!@!!!!

Just FYI, I am a Win7 user and I'm running the Handbrake Nightlies and used AnyDVD HD to decrypt. I had the EXACT ISSUE you had with Thor on the blu-ray including the beep at the beginning and I wasn't satisfied with the LAZY ASS answer of "just download the sub-title, it takes seconds". I'm of the same school of thought where by you figure out the issue so you don't run into it next time instead of doing what's EASY!! IMO.....and it's JUST MY OPINION, Famous600's reply is no better than what a TROLL would reply with. You didn't ask for an easy alternative, you asked how to make it work.

If you are still looking for the fix and email....put THOR SUBTITLES in the subject line.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.