Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ijon01

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 5, 2014
I keep getting bits and tiny debris around the camera cover / glass thing on my 5s between the black glass trim and the camera hole glass cover, I wipe across it with my t shirt some come out and some stay in there it's beginning to annoy me now, yes I'm anal

Anyone else notice this or am I too picky ?

Mercifull

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2012
I've got dust in my iPhone5 as well. I opened it up to clear the dust out the lens cap which helped but there's dust seemingly INSIDE the actual camera unit itself so I've sent away for a replacement.

Intelligent

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2013
I keep getting bits and tiny debris around the camera cover / glass thing on my 5s between the black glass trim and the camera hole glass cover, I wipe across it with my t shirt some come out and some stay in there it's beginning to annoy me now, yes I'm anal

Anyone else notice this or am I too picky ?

Yes, but i don't really care since my photos are good.

Mercifull

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2012
In my case the dust in the camera is affecting photographs with several "spots" now appearing on every image.

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
In my case the dust in the camera is affecting photographs with several "spots" now appearing on every image.

Dust in the camera? If you clean the lens, does it go away? If not, then call/go to Apple for a replacement if under warranty, there is a manufacturing defect either with dust flying around inside the iPhone or a seal is bad and is allowing dust in.

OP, its nothing to worry about. Unless someone is looking for it, I highly doubt they will notice it.

Mercifull

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2012
Dust in the camera? If you clean the lens, does it go away? If not, then call/go to Apple for a replacement if under warranty, there is a manufacturing defect either with dust flying around inside the iPhone or a seal is bad and is allowing dust in.

OP, its nothing to worry about. Unless someone is looking for it, I highly doubt they will notice it.
It's not under warranty.

ijon01

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 5, 2014
Yeah I have no dust/ debris inside, just on the outside around the camera cover, tried microfiber, used little corners of paper to pick some bits out, will this hurt by the way? I mean using bits of paper to pick stuff out?

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
There are a million threads about this from when the 5 came out. I had this issue and I took it to apple. They cleaned it out for free. Some others had theirs replaced. It was an ongoing issue apparently.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.