Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tateu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2012
I don't really use iCloud keychain but I've always had it turned on. Today, I noticed that it was turned off so I turned it back on, went through the SMS verification process and it turned back on. So I thought. About 5 minutes after it was successfully turned on, I got a pop up saying
"iCloud keychain was reset, this phone is no longer participating in iCloud keychain."

I repeated the process 3 times and every time, I got that same pop up and iCloud Keychain was turned off.

Does anyone else with a jailbroken device (I have a 5s on iOS 7.0.6) have it enabled and working?

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
I don't really use iCloud keychain but I've always had it turned on. Today, I noticed that it was turned off so I turned it back on, went through the SMS verification process and it turned back on. So I thought. About 5 minutes after it was successfully turned on, I got a pop up saying
"iCloud keychain was reset, this phone is no longer participating in iCloud keychain."

I repeated the process 3 times and every time, I got that same pop up and iCloud Keychain was turned off.

Does anyone else with a jailbroken device (I have a 5s on iOS 7.0.6) have it enabled and working?

iPhone 5s on 7.0.6 jailbroken here. Just did the restore yesterday, turned on iCloud Keychain. It popped up on my Mac, I authenticated, and all is well and it's working fine. When you say you did the SMS verification, what do you mean? I didn't know there was a SMS verification. Mine always pops up on my other iOS\Mac devices and I just approve it from there. Never had an issue and it's working fine, same setup as you.

tateu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2012
I don't have any other Apple devices so I enter my security code and it sends me a text message with a verification code to confirm my identity.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
I don't have any other Apple devices so I enter my security code and it sends me a text message with a verification code to confirm my identity.

Hmm, maybe take it into the Apple store and let them log you into one of the macs there to authenticate that way? Worst case you'll be in the right place for product support if it doesn't work. :)

tateu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2012
Except that my phone is jailbroken and the first thing they are going to say when I tell them that iCloud keychain doesn't work, is to restore and remove the jailbreak.

I'll leave it alone for now. I don't have any other devices, so I don't really have a need to sync passwords with other devices through the cloud.

tateu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2012
I went ahead and reset it using the "forgot passcode" link and it seems to be fixed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.