Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bermy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
Hello All,

Long time lurker, never a real poster here. Does anyone here play World Of Warcraft on a late 2013 retina MacBook Pro with the NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M card? If so, could you please post back what the game gives for recommended graphic settings? Mine are mostly low (for all the environment setttings, effect settings, etc or disabled. (Disabled for SSAO, Sunshafts)

Im curious if this is "normal" and others are getting the same recommendations or I have a possible OS/MBP issue? (I am on Mac OS 10.9.2). Seems the recommended settings should be much better. Wondering if WoW is even seeing the 750M or only seeing the Intel graphics card.

Thanks.

antonis

macrumors 68020
Jun 10, 2011
I don't have the MBP but this sounds weird, as my iMac 2010 model with an ATI 5750 which is much slower runs WoW with significantly higher settings (medium for most) on its native resolution 2560x1440.

I would expect nVidia 750m to do much better.

Bermy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
I don't have the MBP but this sounds weird, as my iMac 2010 model with an ATI 5750 which is much slower runs WoW with significantly higher settings (medium for most) on its native resolution 2560x1440.

I would expect nVidia 750m to do much better.

thanks! yes my iMac late 2012 with a GTX 680MX also recommends higher settings. I can make the settings higher and its "ok" however Im just wondering what others on 10.9.2 and the same machine are seeing. Its been really hard to find someone with the same MBP that plays WoW! :confused:

I would also be interested in anyone with a mid 2012 Retina MBP with the 650M letting me know what the default recommendations are. I almost swear it recommended higher settings but I cant recall exactly.

SingularityG

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2012
If so, could you please post back what the game gives for recommended graphic settings? Mine are mostly low (for all the environment setttings, effect settings, etc or disabled. (Disabled for SSAO, Sunshafts)

Is there a chance your integrated graphic card was ON when WoW was checking your system for recommended settings?

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
Why bother with "recommended"? Just set everything to max and work your way down to get desirable balance.

Start with AA, shadows, water and sunshafts

NTurner42

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2010
Kentucky
I play using the same model on high setting, but I use an external display. Using the higher resolutions on the retina destroy frame rates for me.

bry223

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2004
I play on a iMac with a 750m, so obviously I'm not running at that resolution. With that said I can run everything High with Shadows/SunShafts Disabled and maintain about 45-50fps in Raids and 60fps in most areas.

With the native resolution you're running you're probably going to run into some issues with the framerate. I suggest lower it, or play in bootcamp where you're going to see a performance increase.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.