Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daedelgt

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
Does anyone have any info on the decision by Apple to use the GForce 4 Go 440 over the GForce 4 4200 Go (I think thats how the numbers are)? I can't register over at XLR8 right now so I figure this is the best place to come for answers...

The 440 is over almost a year old I think; this simply makes no sense to me. What kind of performace hit should I expect? I'm coming from a BW 450 MHz G3 so I can wait a bit longer, and I'm really liking everything about the laptop but the video card. Thanks guys.

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
The GeForce4 440 Go sucks up less power than the GeForce4 4200 Go...thats about all I know. :(

The GeForce4 4200 Go is really, really power hungry...Apple wouldn't be able to claim the high battery life!

But the GeForce4 4200 is better graphically in every other way than the Radeon 9000...pity they didn't include it. :(

daedelgt

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
Always a power issue, isn't it. I suppose thats a good thing and all but this makes the 15" a better gaming machine. Then again, anything is better than my ATI Rage 128 Pro! :D

Sorry about posting this in the wrong forum Arn. I think this is my first post on this account ever ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.