Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

delsoul

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 7, 2014
Hi guys, I've been lurking on the forum for quite some time now and I love it, a lot of useful information and seems like a large amount of friendly people. I decided today to make an account to see about getting some help. I installed Clamxav on Mavericks and have been having some trouble uninstalling it. I followed the directions that it gives on the website and I've also searched here on the forum but havn't had any luck. I got as far as uninstalling the image file and getting the clam engine uninstalled, but then when I go to delete the actual icon, it won't let me delete it into the trash bin. If I try to open Clam, it just gives me the options of quit or install the engine again.

Hope someone can help me out here, would be very much appreciated!

delsoul

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 7, 2014
I never knew about that appcleaner...I downloaded it (which was instant, not a large program by any means) and gave it a try...seems like it deleted everything associated with Clam without a hitch. Thank you for the advice! Just for wonders sake, if I ever wanted to delete the appcleaner...how would you completely get rid of it and all it's associated files? Or is the program designed to not have anything stashed around in different parts of the system?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.