Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lewismayell

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 24, 2013
South West England
I'm talking about freshly released iPhones, I've never bought one within a month or so offing released, but this year my contract will run out just before and I'll wait a bit, I just want to get an idea of how much I'll need to save, I'm 17 so I don't have money "on-tap" my parents help with my phone at the moment, I'm probably looking around £35-40ish per month I suppose, mostly I'm just interested in how much the outright costs will be.

To buy a 5s now with 4g would cost me £42 per month and £99 outright, is this about the same generally for newly released phones, I know no one knows for sure yet, but for a rough idea. Thanks (sorry for the long question) ((I'm from England, price-wise))

Last edited:

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here
I'm talking about freshly released iPhones, I've never bought one within a month or so offing released, but this year my contract will run out just before and I'll wait a bit, I just want to get an idea of how much I'll need to save, I'm 17 so I don't have money "on-tap" my parents help with my phone at the moment, I'm probably looking around £35-40ish per month I suppose, mostly I'm just interested in how much the outright costs will be.

To buy a 5s now with 4g would cost me £42 per month and £99 outright, is this about the same generally for newly released phones, I know no one knows for sure yet, but for a rough idea. Thanks (sorry for the long question) ((I'm from England, price-wise))

bout 800.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
I did, but are mean like within the first month of being released? Are they same price throughout their life or do they get cheaper?

----------

Haha, thank Christ

Day one it cost the same as day 30/60/90 unless a store like Walmart has a sales promotion, and drops it a little bit. From Apple Store or online its the same until a new release.

lewismayell

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 24, 2013
South West England
Day one it cost the same as day 30/60/90 unless a store like Walmart has a sales promotion, and drops it a little bit. From Apple Store or online its the same until a new release.

That's fine then, so it should cost me about the same as what I'm seeing, ok.

Thank you

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2014
Earth
unlike other brands, iPhone prices tend to remain the same throughout the year until next model is launched.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012

That sounds about right for ANY newly released iPhone with contract (we say SUBSIDIZED in America).

Don't use the word outright. Outright in America means you want a no-contract phone. Rather you want to say, in American, up-front cost.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Don't use the word outright. Outright in America means you want a no-contract phone. Rather you want to say, in American, up-front cost.

Who is to say thats the correct way of saying it? :rolleyes: Plus, OP is from UK so whats your point?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.