Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2003/jan/07rendezvous.html

A very interesting article. With almost no effort at all, Apple has easily put itself on the top of the 'most connected computers' list, in my opinion. It seems that it will be easier to hook up a Mac to any digital device than it will a pee-cee.

It seems that Rendezvous is catching on more and more, and is quickly becoming a standard accepted by many companies. Too bad microsoft won't easily embrace Rendezvous, but even then, they don't have to, because anybody can get the source and get it to work on windoze.

With rendezvous, not only can you connect to your stereo, your TiVo, any other home entertainment device, or a printer, but aspyr is already putting it to use in games to make network games auto-configure themselves, making it easier for the user.

Now, where's my iTunes with Rendezvous support?

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
well, since the last thread about this got locked because of someone's flaming, I guess we can use this one to discuss the topic... Just no flames please...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.