Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pinkstiletto66

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2010
New York City.
I downloaded Evasion, went through the jailbreak process. Phone reboots after that I get a message saying modifying roofs or something near that and then it closes. It stops there, it doesn't say done. The evasion app is on my phone. I tried restarting and nothing change. The app is white and blank when I click it. What can be wrong. I've tried doing it three times. Some thing happens.

Last edited:

Syndicate0017

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2013
Type this in the safari URL and press enter.

cydia://

If you are in fact successfully jailbroken it should open the cydia app.

Pinkstiletto66

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2010
New York City.
Type this in the safari URL and press enter.

cydia://

If you are in fact successfully jailbroken it should open the cydia app.
Okay. I'll try it. It never said done so I'm thinking it may not. Brb.

----------

It says it cannot be displayed. :(. Is evasion the only jail breaking option for 7.0.4. Is redsnow an option?

Syndicate0017

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2013
Okay. I'll try it. It never said done so I'm thinking it may not. Brb.

----------

It says it cannot be displayed. :(. Is evasion the only jail breaking option for 7.0.4. Is redsnow an option?

Evasion 7 is your only option. If you can't run the evasion 7 tool successfully, you could try a factory reset and give it another go. However, you risk having to restore to a non jail breakable firmware if your phone fails to boot.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Is there an over the air jail break?

no. if there was, it would be patched really fast. for example, jailbreakme 2.0 was patched in just 9 days with iOS 4.0.2!

the security risk of OTA jailbreaks are much more significant than a USB based one

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Oh.. :( a factory reset deletes all texts as well?

If you restore from a backup they get copied back. Only iMessages if from an iCloud backup but I think all text messages if restored from a backup on a computer, but i'm not sure. I'll need confirmation.

simplydat

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2010
I believe the issue is that you did an OTA update from iOS 6 to iOS 7.
I had the same issue when I attempted to jail break my iPhone 4 that was updated to iOS 7 OTA.

The solution was to restore the iPhone through iTunes on your computer. Since iOS 7.1 (Not jailbreakable) is out already.That solution is no longer available to you. My guess is that you won't be able to jailbreak your iPhone until the next jailbreak is released.

chambone

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2011
Netherlands
Try to jailbreak again. If you're lucky the evasi0n application doesn't recognize the phone as being jailbroken. And if you're really lucky it does it right this time around. I'd use another computer as well.

Pinkstiletto66

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2010
New York City.
I didn't update my iTunes although it keeps asking. So is that a good thing? I'm going to try using my moms computer for the jailbreak (if she remembers her admin password, which is another issue in itself.) Weird thing is my first jailbreak was flawless, but it was two days old and never did an OTA upgrade. So is restoring pointless still if my iTunes isn't updated?

cyber16

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
Do not restore via itunes as itunes will ONLY restore with ios 7.1
If you try a restore, you will have zero opportunity to jailbreak

edit:
What iphone do you have? The above statement would not hold true with an iphone 4 as those do offer options. iphone 5 and newer, no options if you restore

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I don't think there's anything out yet that allows for custom restores on 7.x for the iPhone 4

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
This is what happens when you update your device over the air. There's nothing you can do now to jb it successfully.

Pinkstiletto66

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2010
New York City.
I jailbreaked my iPad mini on 7.0.4 just now, so I tried again thinking it would work on the iphone. No avail. I believe I did OTA upgrades on the iPad. Thought I would share.

JoRocK

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2014
Having the same problem as oP..All I get is the evasi0n app. Is there really no solution? Running on 7.0.6

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.