Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dguay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
Apple really has to do something about it... Someone has found a solution??? I've tried doing the PRAM reset, Repair Disk Permission in Disk utility, Turning off my Jitouch. Nothing works...

The only thing that works as a temporary solution is to put display to sleep and come back. I've seen many people with the same problem but no one really has a permanent solution...

I have a brand new (got it today) MacBook Pro Retina 15' (late 2013) on Mavericks 10.9.2

EDIT: When swiping back with 2 fingers, Safari/App store crashes

joeytp

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2014
Quebec, Canada
Any solution ?

Someone has found a solution??? I've tried doing the PRAM reset, Repair Disk Permission in Disk utility, Turning off my Jitouch. Nothing works...

The only thing that works as a temporary solution is to put display to sleep and come back. I've seen many people with the same problem but no one really has a permanent solution...

I have a brand new (got it today) MacBook Pro Retina 15' (late 2013) on Mavericks 10.9.2

EDIT: When swiping back with 2 fingers, Safari/App store crashes

Hello everyone,
Have you ever had this probleme ? is there any way to fix it (longterm solution) ?
Thank's

dguay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
When you say crashing, does Safari/App Store... Freeze? Close unexpectedly and display a crash dialog? Result in a kernel panic?

When it "crashes", everything freeze. I can't click, swipe or write. What I do then is putting my display to sleep 2 seconds and when I come back, safari/app store is repaired ! I don't have to quit the application.

Mr Rabbit

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
'merica
Gotcha. I have that same issue but it's very intermittent. I use a Magic Trackpad though. Powering the Magic Trackpad off/on seems to fix it every time.

dguay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
Gotcha. I have that same issue but it's very intermittent. I use a Magic Trackpad though. Powering the Magic Trackpad off/on seems to fix it every time.

It happens really randomly and without specific reason. It's really annoying... Someone knows why this is happening?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.