Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2003
I have noticed around the web, embedded video has a new button style. I thought this was just for YT videos initially but Vimeo videos have it. How do you change it?

29bdcpk.png

musique

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2009
vimeo settings

After you've uploaded your video to vimeo, click on its gear (for video settings).

At the top of the Video Settings page there are several submenus (Basic, Privacy, Add To, Embed...).

Under the "Embed" menu, there are quite a few options, including "Show Play bar," "Show Like Button," and "Show Scaling Button." There are also Preferences for showing and hiding things. Play with the different ones to find a set that does what you want. When you find what you want, you can set a "Preset" for those options.

(I've found the Miscellaneous option at the bottom, Default this video to HD when embedded, is not affected by the Presets.)

There's also an option on the "Video File" submenu that permits you to set the default for the video as either 720p or 1080p. The default is 720p.

At the bottom of the Embed page, remember to hit the Save Settings or they won't be saved. (duh!)

I hope this helps.

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2003
After you've uploaded your video to vimeo, click on its gear (for video settings).

At the top of the Video Settings page there are several submenus (Basic, Privacy, Add To, Embed...).

Under the "Embed" menu, there are quite a few options, including "Show Play bar," "Show Like Button," and "Show Scaling Button." There are also Preferences for showing and hiding things. Play with the different ones to find a set that does what you want. When you find what you want, you can set a "Preset" for those options.

(I've found the Miscellaneous option at the bottom, Default this video to HD when embedded, is not affected by the Presets.)

There's also an option on the "Video File" submenu that permits you to set the default for the video as either 720p or 1080p. The default is 720p.

At the bottom of the Embed page, remember to hit the Save Settings or they won't be saved. (duh!)

I hope this helps.

Yup i know about all that. There is no option for button style there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.