Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacinAppleTosh

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2013
Wondering what people think about the Bose OE2 and AE2 headphones?
Both are under $100 on amazon and I was thinking about getting a pair to upgrade from the apple headphones I'm currently using.

I like a little extra bass but other than that I'm just looking for overall better sound quality.
Considering there's only a $10 price difference are the AE2's any better besides covering the entire ear?

Also, any other recommendations for a pair under $100?

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
I found the OE2s a little unstable feeling on my ears (felt like they would slip off). The AE2s are great and comfortable.

Bose doesn't necessarily translate to the best sound quality at all, but I have to say, they really nailed the comfort aspect tremendously...the MIE2i earbuds aren't my best sounding pair but I could wear them for 10 hours without any discomfort. Same for their big cans.

MxChino

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2008
I wouldn't buy anything Bose. Look at the Martin Logan mikros 90 on sale at new egg for $60 bucks, normally $299 or you can stretch your budget get the sennheiser amperiors. They can be had for about $130. Both will leagues better than the Bose.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.