Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
I received my Logitech K811 keyboard from logitech 2 days ago I happily plugged it into my USB charger at my desk , connected it, and started using it. I finally decided to unplug it and start using it around the house, but it turned off the moment I unplugged it, and turning it off and then back on doesn't elicit any response.

I've tried plugging it into my 4-port device charger while on and while off. It lights up when I plug it in and it's on, but does nothing if plugged in and off. What I was expected was to see the battery led pulse to show that it's charging.

For emphasis , it works great when plugged into USB hub or charger, but is completely dead when not plugged in. There is no activity( i.e. nothing lights up and it doesn't connect to my Macbook ) when it isn't plugged in.

Is there anything that I can do to try and fix it, or should I just return it and wait for a replacement?

I'm in denial because I like the keyboard so much, that I'd love to have it working today than wait to RMA it and wait for a replacement to be mailed to me.

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
I ordered a replacement and I'm sending the defective one back. I like the keyboard even though the battery is not repaceable and it doesn't tilt up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.