Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

applestore.png
Apple today updated its Apple Store apps for the iPhone and the iPad, adding some minor enhancements to both apps. The iPhone version has gained improvements to In-Store Notifications, allowing users in the United States to view their notifications within the app and and on the lock screen.
Improvements to in-store notifications, including ability to view notifications in the app as well as on Lock screen. (US only)
In-store notifications were added to the Apple Store app back in December, when Apple began rolling out its iBeacon system designed to give consumers more information on products while browsing within Apple retail locations.

Notifications include information on online orders, store events, product reviews, and iPhone upgrade eligibility.

The Apple Store for iPad app did not gain the same notification improvements, but it was updated with the ability to allow users to purchase Apple Store Gift Cards within the app, which can be ordered in any amount from $25 to $2,000. Gift Cards can be emailed or delivered via mail.
Now buy Apple Store Gift Cards right from the app. Gift cards can be shipped by mail or delivered within 24 hours via email and they're available in any amount from $25 - $2,000.
Both apps were also updated with unspecified improvements and performance enhancements.

Apple Store for iPhone can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Apple Store for iPad can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Apple Updates 'Apple Store' Apps for iPhone and iPad With Minor Improvements

Locoboof

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2008
Bay Area,Cali
Apple Updates 'Apple Store' Apps for iPhone and iPad With Minor Improvements

Sweet! Glad I can buy gift cards within the app now :)

monoskier

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2011
Now if I could only convert all these iTunes gift cards into Apple Store gift cards....

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
Now if I could only convert all these iTunes gift cards into Apple Store gift cards....

Actually just downloaded the update and you can purchase both apple and iTunes gift cards now. But alas no in-app conversion available.

JerryCards

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2011
Richmond, VA
I just download the app. Will test it out the next time I visit an Apple Store. The app even has Kwikset Kevo and WeMo device listed inside. :)

orbital~debris

macrumors 68020
Mar 3, 2004
UK, Europe
Why is the Apple Store app not available in the UK App Store? (It seems especially odd given that Apple mention some features are only available in the USA; where else can you get it aside from the USA if not the UK? The UK is usually second-tier for roll outs after USA.

And for that matter, why is Apple's Movie Trailers app still not available for the UK on any iOS device (aside from the Apple TV)?

I've sent feedback to Apple on both these issues, via their website form (and through support agents on the store live chat) to request that both apps are made available to customers in the UK. Would like to encourage others to do the same!

kobyh15

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2011
I want to be able to browse and purchase refurbished products in the Apple store app.

Deelron

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2009
Agreed! I don't understand why Apple doesn't include that section in the App.

Agreed, you can search for some refurbished items and they come up, but others don't even come up with an exact search even though they do in a normal browser.

Liebo

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2013
Apple Updates 'Apple Store' Apps for iPhone and iPad With Minor Improvements

Erm... It is available in the UK? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394957702.484171.jpg
jujytava.jpg

Last edited:

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
I still don't understand why this isn't a single universal app. It's really strange that Apple, the big promoter of universal apps, can't do it for one of their own.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.