Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ionjohn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2013
Canada
Hello guys

My girlfriend's iphone is screwed up, she can't be heard during a call and she can't hear the person calling, I did everything I could think of, reset network settings, turned LTE off, restored, hard reset...

She bought the iphone 5 on release day back in 2012, she has no warranty left, we're 2 hours away from the nearest apple store, the phone was working fine a week ago, she didn't drop it or anything, it's not water damaged. The phone speaker is working fine, so is the microphone. It only stops working during calls. Facetime calls work perfectly. The phone has always been in a case.

Thank you!

Serelus

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2009
Vm9pZA
I am gonna go ahead and ask the obvious, but did you try a full restore?

Since you said the microphone works just fine when using facetime, it's probably something related to the software on the phone.

ionjohn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2013
Canada
I am gonna go ahead and ask the obvious, but did you try a full restore?

Since you said the microphone works just fine when using facetime, it's probably something related to the software on the phone.

We did but then she restored her backup

Serelus

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2009
Vm9pZA
We did but then she restored her backup

Before she restores from her backup see if a full restore fixes the problem, because then it's something in her backup that's faulty. I recommend you do a full restore, and restore everything back from iCloud manually. Apps, Music, etc.

ionjohn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2013
Canada
Problem is still there, I've tried everything, nothing works :(

Can apple replace/fix a phone that's out of warranty?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.