Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Palad1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
London, UK
Hello all,

When unplugged, my Powerbook doesn't wake from sleep anymore... It looks like the battery doesn't hold charge.

I'm on the lowest energy settings, and either letting the powerbook go to sleep while opened after 15 minutes of inactivity, or forcing a sleep by closing the lid give the same result: need to plug the machine and boot...

I'd like to return my battery, as it seems to be the culprit (the powerbook is really sleeping, no fan activity, can't ping it, and the power indicator is 'snoozing'.

I'm kinda bummed that happens, even my work 3yo dell craptop holds its charge :/

Did any of you guys have the same problems?

Thanks a lot,
Palad1

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
I would just get a new battery, if resetting the pmu doesn't work. I mean, it's almost 1.5-2 years old, it probably doesn't have the best battery life. Get a new one and enjoy the new battery life + sleeping --if you have the money.

Palad1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
London, UK
lilstewart92 said:
I would just get a new battery, if resetting the pmu doesn't work. I mean, it's almost 1.5-2 years old, it probably doesn't have the best battery life. Get a new one and enjoy the new battery life + sleeping --if you have the money.

Well, I would as well, but considering I already paid $300 for an Applecare, I'd check first if it is covered by applecare on my favorite MUG forum ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.