Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wannabelean

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
Badge, Sounds and Banners are not working. Only when I open the app, they are showing up. Badge, Sounds and Banners are enabled in notification center.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Mine are working as they were before the update, i.e., no noticeable changes to notifications

wannabelean

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
Mine are working as they were before the update, i.e., no noticeable changes to notifications

Not sure what happened but I deleted the app and re installed it. Double checked notifications but they still aren't working. Notifications for all other apps are are working.

I'm just hitting the x mark and deleting the program. Is there a more complete way to ensure no bits and pieces of the software is left out?

Thanks

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Not sure what happened but I deleted the app and re installed it. Double checked notifications but they still aren't working. Notifications for all other apps are are working.

I'm just hitting the x mark and deleting the program. Is there a more complete way to ensure no bits and pieces of the software is left out?

Thanks

You can't delete a system app.
All you can do is delete your email accounts, reboot your phone and reinstall them.

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
Mine have been screwy too. I'm getting no notification sounds, and the badge icons have not been accurate. Sometimes I have a few messages in my inbox, but no badge appears. Although right now it's showing 3 and I have three messages. It's been on and off.

tgmn

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2013
Arizona
I'm having issues with this as well as old emails I have deleted/archived that come back to my inbox.

Ke1ington

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2009
I created a thread regarding this issue in the help and troubleshooting forum earlier today and got zero response.

I'm experiencing the same thing. Seems fetch is the only option until they issue an update. To the poster above, he's referring to the Mailbox application, not Apple's stock mail application.

wannabelean

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
So I posted on message on Mailbox's twitter page and FB page and its been 2 days and yet no reply. Can confirm the same problem on the iPad too.

Blakeasd

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2009
Badge, Sounds and Banners are not working. Only when I open the app, they are showing up. Badge, Sounds and Banners are enabled in notification center.

I am having issues with Mailbox after the update as well. Sometimes the badge notifications don't appear or stay visible.

wannabelean

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
I am having issues with Mailbox after the update as well. Sometimes the badge notifications don't appear or stay visible.

I dont know if it has to do with the update because on my Ipad also I have the same issue. The Ipad though is on 7.0.6.

Not once have any form of notifications from the app has worked in the last two days for me. If I manually open the app the emails are showing up.

wannabelean

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
This is a 7.1 problem. I check on the iPad Mini with 7.0.6 and there was no problem. Also a user PMed saying that Mailbox developers have confirmed it and their engineering team is working on it.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Try a restart? I had some flaky issues with an update a while ago that disappeared after a power off... It's getting like updating Windows: It says you don't have to restart, but...

wannabelean

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
Tried restarting, deleting, re installing, removing and adding accounts...none work. Using Mailbox v1.7.4 on the Iphone 5S with 7.1.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Same here with badge notifications sometimes not showing in the icon. Been working okay these few days, so I am not really bothered by it.

wannabelean

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
Thanks for letting us know about this! I'm happy to help.

Can you verify that you've enabled Push notifications on your iPhone AND inside the Mailbox App itself? Both are accessed under Settings > Notifications. If not, please do this, force quit and relaunch your Mailbox, and you should be up and running!

If your troubles persist, please try toggling those settings OFF and ON in both the app and your device's settings.

Let us know where you stand after trying this and if you have any other questions!

Support emailed me with this solution. This worked for me. Best of luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.