Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richxps

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Anyone get this yet ? Any pics ? How good is this case?

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012
Anyone get this yet ? Any pics ? How good is this case?

yes! I'm glad you started this thread i want one for my 5S, still haven't seen it at best buy, they usually have multiple otterboxes for sale that nobody else would have

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
yes! I'm glad you started this thread i want one for my 5S, still haven't seen it at best buy, they usually have multiple otterboxes for sale that nobody else would have

I saw the all black one for sale at my local best buy mobile. There was only one and the rep told me that was the only one they had but they expect more soon.

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012
I saw the all black one for sale at my local best buy mobile. There was only one and the rep told me that was the only one they had but they expect more soon.

so i went to best buy today to see if they had the symmetry and they had it! in black like i wanted, i really prefer black cases, but anyway i really really like it, it feels great in the hand and its noticeably thinner then the commuter and definitely smaller then the defender, but its still thick enough to be extremely protective and not have you worrying that you broke your phone if you dropped it, it barely adds bulk to the phone or weight, the case has all the ports recessed enough so they are protected but my beats L-shaped connector still fit which i had a problem with the commuter and the defender and the power button was extremely hard to press at first but it has been loosening up with more use and the volume up and down buttons are extremely tactile, overall i love the case and i have finally found a slim enough otterbox that has great quality and protection without it being extremely bulky

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012

Attachments

• DSC02069.JPG
    DSC02069.JPG
    704 KB · Views: 1,276
  • DSC02070.JPG
    DSC02070.JPG
    704 KB · Views: 896
  • DSC02071.JPG
    DSC02071.JPG
    736 KB · Views: 799
  • DSC02072.JPG
    DSC02072.JPG
    768 KB · Views: 1,048

richxps

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Wow looks really nice, is the piece above the charging port strong it does it sag ?
Thanks

luked14

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2010
What does the back of the case feel like? Is it hard plastic like the commuter or does it have a softer, grippier feel?

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012
Wow looks really nice, is the piece above the charging port strong it does it sag ?
Thanks

no sagging at all, the rubber is extremely stiff and durable, it is a well made case, i really like it

----------

What does the back of the case feel like? Is it hard plastic like the commuter or does it have a softer, grippier feel?

its a hard plastic like the commuter but with it being slimmer then the commuter it is much easier and nicer to hold, the quality is top notch, and with the rubber on the lip and by the top where if you're righty your thumb would go or if you're like me a lefty my pointer would go, extremely easy and comfortable to hold and do not feel like ill drop it at all

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
Naked the way iPhones were intended. Saw one at best buy..........I totally stand by what I said:)

While I agree that a naked iPhone is the best I don't get why people keep making these comments on case forums. People like cases. It would be like having a naked forum and people shouting cases rule! I ordered one of these and am excited that it is "thinner" than other OB offerings with what looks like good protection.

mstgkillr

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2012
I just picked up the Symmetry today and it's definitely my favorite case so far. I prefer it over the Commuter that I had.

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012
It's huge and .........pretty ugly.

It's actually extremely slim compared to any of the other otterbox offerings and it's actually a really nice looking case if you got to see it in person and yes a naked iPhone is the best way to go but I don't want any chance of breaking my phone #

----------

Is it glass screen protector friendly?

To be honest I have no idea but I may be getting one of zagg's glass ones in the future so I wouldn't know until then...

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Is the camera opening small enough that
You don't see the second back color of the phone?

That drives me crazy. Yes....just alittle ocd

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012
Is the camera opening small enough that
You don't see the second back color of the phone?

That drives me crazy. Yes....just alittle ocd

its actually just big enough to where you just ever so slightly see it, but you still see it, but just barely

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.