Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Friend at work wanted to know how do you set it up? Has it to do with bluetooth in any way? I know the option comes up but he's not having any luck

Anybody help?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Friend at work wanted to know how do you set it up? Has it to do with bluetooth in any way? I know the option comes up but he's not having any luck

Anybody help?

You can print from an iPad to any AirPrint-enabled printer. For printing to non-AirPrint printers, you can use an app like Printer Pro.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
The printer has to be on the same WiFi network as the iPad so it either needs to be a networked printer or a printer connected to an other computer on the network.

Thanks Alot for that

I've never printed off my iPad so wasn't sure how it was done so knew somebody on here would know

Thanks

Chloe12

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2014
printing from ipad

hullo,
in order to print, an ios device i.e. ipad, iphone etc., apple uses airprint
a printer needs to be airprint enabled in order to work, but not all are airprint: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4356
if its not airprint, you can try a printing app which you can install from the app store onto the ipad, some printers do free ones such as hp eprint, if youre printer is hp, or you can try something like print n share
hope this helps:D

rusty2192

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2008
Kentucky
I use handyprint on my iMac with both a wifi HP (non AirPrint capable) and a Brother USB printer. It's also nice that it's easy to set up a virtual printer so that I can print receipt pages to a PDF on my iMac.

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
I use printopia (runs on osx) to turn my non-airprint printers into airprint ones on my home network. It works great.

When I finally replace the aging printers, I will make sure the replacements have native airprint.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.