Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
Hi, I was at best buy the other day and i noticed that they had the Zagg Invisible Shield Glass for sale, glass screen protector right off the shelf its more convenient then getting a Spigen because you have to order it, but anyway has anybody purchased it yet? if anybody has, whats the thickness of it, quality? its extremely expensive at best buy and really don't want to pay $40 for it so can't get it off of amazon yet because it'll most likely be cheaper

richardlamta

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2014
I've seen a few friends have it. They are really really nice when compared to like a regular screen protector. I think the glass is 0.35mm or 0.4mm thick. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. When compared to the extreme and HD, the glass is far superior. I think it's worth the money especially with their lifetime warranty.

bigjim83

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2011
I'd be curious to read some reviews on this. Granted it's a lot of money but lifetime replacement it pretty spiffy

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I had a spigen and it eventually chipped along the side (and I didn't drop it or anything). This was on a 4S. This chipping is what kept e from buying the same product again for newer iPhones.

So, if there are any chips or cracks for any reason, zagg will replace this thing under warranty?

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
I picked this up today. I really like it so far, the rounded sides give it the perfect feel with the Apple leather case. It's also rounded around the home button which makes it comfortable. I've not noticed any impact with touchid as well. Overall I've very happy with it and will likely grab one for the wife's note 3 as well.

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MI
I have to add my voice...the Zagg Glass is simply AWESOME. I had the Bodyguardz Pure on my iPhone 5S since release day...the glass developed a bubble on the screen over the last week and I contacted Bodyguardz (no drops, no "trauma"). They directed me to their "Advantage Program", which cost $12.95 to replace a Pure. That's what I signed up for...no problems there. I ordered my replacement and plan on selling that on Ebay after getting the Zagg Glass.

I figured this was my chance to try out the Zagg Glass. InvisibleShield HD's have been my staple for all other iOS devices and their warranty is second to none. The Zagg is thinner than the pure, smoother to the touch and the rounded edges and around the home button really makes the Zagg feel like it's not even there. The Pure is great (it protects my iPad Air screen), but the edges are...well...edgy. Not so with the Zagg Glass. The Pure is .4 mm thick. Not sure what the Glass purports to be, but it feels thinner and overall more like the original glass.

If you're looking for a tempered glass protector, Zagg is it. Their warranty (free replacements for life) is just second to none.

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MI
Yeah what's the rating on the zag glass? Thickness? Hardness rating?

Good question! I have no idea. I have to believe it's comparable with the others out there. But with the lifetime warranty & free replacement, I'm not all that concerned!

bigjim83

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2011
Sounds like a good one. Maybe I'll pick one up after my current glass protector bites the dust. So far so good tho

UltraZ33

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
I got mine today from Best Buy. Easy install, just make sure that the phone is clean. This is my first glass screen protector so I don't know what else to compare it to. So far, you can't tell that this is on at all and it's nice and clear too!!

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
I picked this up on the way home from work at best buy and without a doubt this is the best glass protector and the best overall I have ever used. Easily the simplest install as well. With the gold 5S you cant even tell its on there and I even have it misaligned slightly to the right at the earpiece. All my cases work with it (though I havent tried out the defender or lifeproof just yet).

With the free lifetime warranty (5.99 for shipping only), this easily beats out any of the other brand name glass protectors out there.

I would love to show a picture but no joke you wont even think theres a screen protector on my phone.

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
I picked this up on the way home from work at best buy and without a doubt this is the best glass protector and the best overall I have ever used. Easily the simplest install as well. With the gold 5S you cant even tell its on there and I even have it misaligned slightly to the right at the earpiece. All my cases work with it (though I havent tried out the defender or lifeproof just yet).

With the free lifetime warranty (5.99 for shipping only), this easily beats out any of the other brand name glass protectors out there.

I would love to show a picture but no joke you wont even think theres a screen protector on my phone.

Just got it too today...gosh it is gorgeous and extremely clear! I love it! And the thickness is just right! Couldn't be happier with the product other then the price #

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
I have tried it with:

Apple leather case
Case-Mate Pop
Otterbox Commuter
Mophie Juice Pack Air
Case-Mate Naked Tough and Regular Tough

I have a few others that I cant name off the top of my head but I haven't seen anything that messes the protector up.

mjb59463

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2012
Had this installed at my local Zagg kiosk after my bodyguardz pure glass cracked because of a drop.

My install has air bubbles, and my screen sensitivity has decreased(swiping up for toggles is next to impossible, the keyboard no longer picks up certain letters when I type something using light finger presses, I have to press the screen/letters very hard to get it to pick up)

Bad install, or just a bad product? Never had these issues with my bodyguardz pure. Any thoughts?

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MI
Had this installed at my local Zagg kiosk after my bodyguardz pure glass cracked because of a drop.

My install has air bubbles, and my screen sensitivity has decreased(swiping up for toggles is next to impossible, the keyboard no longer picks up certain letters when I type something using light finger presses, I have to press the screen/letters very hard to get it to pick up)

Bad install, or just a bad product? Never had these issues with my bodyguardz pure. Any thoughts?

I'm not experiencing any of these issues. Sounds like a bad install (or maybe issues from the drop?). I installed myself and it's flawless. In fact, I came from a Bodyguardz Pure that had developed bubbles after six months...and I think the responsiveness has increased and the Zagg makes the Bodyguardz feel like a much less premium product. The Zagg's rounded edges and the slick touch surface are simply awesome on my end!!!

mjb59463

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2012
I'm not experiencing any of these issues. Sounds like a bad install (or maybe issues from the drop?). I installed myself and it's flawless. In fact, I came from a Bodyguardz Pure that had developed bubbles after six months...and I think the responsiveness has increased and the Zagg makes the Bodyguardz feel like a much less premium product. The Zagg's rounded edges and the slick touch surface are simply awesome on my end!!!

It may be a bad install. I used my phone for a few hours with no screen protector after the drop, and all sensitivity was just fine. I'll go back today and see what the guys at the kiosk can do.

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MI
Just picked mine up and I love it the price not as much but quality yes

Yeah, price is a bit rough...but it's pretty awesome. One of, if not the best out there. Couple that with the Zagg warranty, don't think they can be beat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.