Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

koesherbacon

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 5, 2009
Hi! I'm looking for an app suggestion for my iPad Mini and I couldn't find one in the App Store.

There's plenty of Office apps that can be used to view and edit MS Office files like Docx, Xlsx, etc. What I'm looking for, however, is one that can view and edit Pages documents that can also access the cloud (specifically Dropbox, which I use to backup/store everything).

I mostly use Pages since it's pretty lightweight and works perfectly for what I use it for. I realize that there's other Office apps for the computer out there, but I really just prefer Pages.

The actual Apple Pages app can obviously view and edit these documents, but I cannot use it to access the Dropbox folders they're stored in like the Office apps that can be used to view and edit MS Office files.

So if anyone has any suggestions for an app that can access my Dropbox and allow me to view and edit Pages documents stored there, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks a lot!

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.
Hi! I'm looking for an app suggestion for my iPad Mini and I couldn't find one in the App Store.

There's plenty of Office apps that can be used to view and edit MS Office files like Docx, Xlsx, etc. What I'm looking for, however, is one that can view and edit Pages documents that can also access the cloud (specifically Dropbox, which I use to backup/store everything).

I mostly use Pages since it's pretty lightweight and works perfectly for what I use it for. I realize that there's other Office apps for the computer out there, but I really just prefer Pages.

The actual Apple Pages app can obviously view and edit these documents, but I cannot use it to access the Dropbox folders they're stored in like the Office apps that can be used to view and edit MS Office files.

So if anyone has any suggestions for an app that can access my Dropbox and allow me to view and edit Pages documents stored there, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks a lot!

Nada...except Pages itself.

Serelus

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2009
Vm9pZA

Thanks a lot!

You've probably already noticed this, but Office will be lauching soon for iOS on iPad so I think your best bet is to go with that.

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
Goodreader or Readdle Documents in conjunction with Pages. Goodreader acts as the conduit since it talks to both Pages and Dropbox. Use Goodreader to download from Dropbox and open in Pages. Edit the doc and then share with Goodreader to upload back to Dropbox. Not as seamless as true Dropbox support in Pages but works well enough. Readdle Documents does the exact same job.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.