Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The rumors and speculation continue to build pre-Macworld with a flurry of articles about what Apple could introduce tomorrow.

Our own rumor roundup summarizes the major rumors to date. Since its publication, of course, the Mac Plasma rumor has since emerged, sparking a heated discussion. Jason O'Grady is standing by this rumor as well as adding claims of Front Row 2.0, and a 2.8GHz Mac mini.

MacRumors will provide live coverage of the MacWorld keynote at https://www.macrumors.com which also displays a minute-by-minute countdown until the event.

Stay tuned for any last minute revelations.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
I'm very itchy! :D Come soon MWSF! I hope the convenience store clerk is right!

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
I have class tomorrow during the keynote. I've already decided that I'm ditching class to follow the live coverage, as it's in one of the few classrooms that still doesn't have WiFi.

I think it's pretty certain that there won't be a 2.8 GHz Yonah based mini, as Yonah doesn't go up that high. I wouldn't be surprised to see something closer to 1.6 GHz.

RichP

macrumors 68000
Jun 30, 2003
Motor City
Things to do tomorrow morning:

Reset DSL Modem
Reset WiFi
Boot G5
On 20" #1 ACD - Macrumors.com
On 20" #2 ACD - Store.Apple.com
On Desk: Amex Card

TVGenius

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2003
Yuma, AZ
Plasma... too fragile, too heavy, LOW resolution... and what market is clamoring for this? Bad idea... Plasma is going to quickly go the way of the dodo. Why pay $2000+ for a monitor with a native resolution no better than SVGA and is extremely susceptible to burn-in?

digitalbiker

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2002
The Road
End of an era

Somehow I just can't feel good about this years MacWorld in SF.

I feel like a Bronco fan after the 1999 Superbowl waving goodbye to John Elway and realizing that Brian Griese was going to be the future.

My intellect knows I have to say goodbye to the great old guy to make way for budding future stars but my heart is telling me this has got to be a mistake.

This is how I feel about the switch from PPC to x86. Is this really the best future for Apple, I guess we will find out because we won't be able to look back after tomorrow!:(

dr_lha

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2003
The only way the Mac Mini is going to be 2.8Ghz is if they market a Dual 1.4Ghz as 2x1.4 = 2.8Ghz. ;)

It would be nice though, to have a Mac Mini with similar processor specs to a Dual G5!

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
powerbook50top.jpg

Stand. and. deliver.

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
> 2.8GHz dual-core Yonah processor.

Bull.

This would outclass PowerMacs.

MWSF will be very interesting, I feel.

Don't get your hopes up, you'll be disappointed. Certinely do not fall for all the hype, either.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I'm ready. I'm not in need of a new Mac yet (not that I'd turn one away if it jumped into my car), but I'll consider an immediate purchase of iLife '06, an Apple web design application, or other new software they announce.

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
This is gonna be really cool, im sure we will see some sweet ****, unfortunatly for me i wont be buying anything as i am short on cash and i dont need anything...

So basically im watching just for Kicks,

SHadow

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Stella said:
> 2.8GHz dual-core Yonah processor.

Bull.

This would outclass PowerMacs.

MWSF will be very interesting, I feel.

Don't get your hopes up, you'll be disappointed. Certinely do not fall for all the hype, either.

There HAS to be a time during this transition that the current Powerbook AND current Powermac get surpassed in power..

It's the law of transitions..subchapter 43 page 124 paragraph 14b.:)

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Peace said:
There HAS to be a time during this transition that the current Powerbook AND current Powermac get surpassed in power..

It's the law of transitions..subchapter 43 page 124 paragraph 14b.:)

Agreed, it would be very easy to outclass PowerBooks.

It wouldn't do Apple much good to outclass the PowerMacs so swiftly .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.