Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thidranki

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
Virginia
I am having trobule downloading extensions from the Firefox website. I went to the content tab and i've tried every possible combination. I can't figure it out.

If any of you have any insight into this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• ff1.jpg
    ff1.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 59
  • ff2.jpg
    ff2.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 68

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Do you mean that you can't figure out where they are, how to download and install them, or that you can't figure out why they can't be installed?

I just use the Tools menu to get their quickly.

Attachments

• Firefox extensions.png
    Firefox extensions.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 57

Thidranki

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
Virginia
I've tried all of those. My settings are all what you guys specified. and for the previous post, I am trying to Install, but it is not working.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
You are running the Firefox application from the /Applications folder, right, and not the disk image?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
bousozoku said:
You are running the Firefox application from the /Applications folder, right, and not the disk image?

And also do you have write privileges to the /applications, if it is there (e.g. is yours an administrator account?)

Lazyhound

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2005
If "yes" to the above questions, then try downloading the .xpi files to the desktop, then dragging them unto the extension manager window.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.