Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Original poster
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Anyway to do this in bulk for iTunes 4? PPC OS X Tiger. I'm a bit OCD about album art but importing them into iTunes manually is very time consuming.

Any suggestions welcome. :)

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I don't know of an app for PPC that will do this unless Iflicks os PPC compatible which I doubt....I'm guessing you're going to have to do the Google image thing...I had a few old albums that required this, but an entire library would be a huge undertaking.....Hope you find something.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I used to use Fetch Art for iTunes, but it says it's only for iTunes 7.0 and above. Don't know if you can use it, but if you can the way it works it that you open iTunes and select all the songs you don't have album art for. THEN, you open this app and click the button for finding art. You can then leave the app open and select different songs and press the button again.

It will NOT work if you do not have anything selected in iTunes when you press the button in this app for finding art.

BTW, it uses Amazon's service so it's likely that you will get inappropriate album art for your albums/songs or that it won't find anything (it will tell you).

Worth a shot to try it on 4.0 anyway.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Original poster
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Worth a shot to try it on 4.0 anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion. :) Gave it a try. Seems to work well up until the bit where it attempts to download the artwork for the songs, where it hangs. Unsure if this is due to it being iTunes 4 or if there is a problem with the service or my internet connection.

I'd upgrade iTunes (I'm sure Tiger is capable of version 7), but anything after version 4 does nothing but add features I don't need and software bloat; so upgrading is sort of my last resort.

Someone posted this link awhile ago:

http://bendodson.com/projects/itunes-artwork-finder/

Will be a lot easier than Googling everything at least.
Thanks! Absolutely much faster than googling. I'll keep than solution in mind. :)

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Thanks for the suggestion. :) Gave it a try. Seems to work well up until the bit where it attempts to download the artwork for the songs, where it hangs. Unsure if this is due to it being iTunes 4 or if there is a problem with the service or my internet connection.
OH, I forgot about that!

Yeah, it has/had a tendency to hang. I found though that the art was imported anyway.

Since I knew it would hang that's why I was always selecting stuff in iTunes before I opened it and clicked Fetch.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Original poster
Aug 24, 2009
UK
OH, I forgot about that!

Yeah, it has/had a tendency to hang. I found though that the art was imported anyway.

Since I knew it would hang that's why I was always selecting stuff in iTunes before I opened it and clicked Fetch.

Must be an iTunes 4 thing since its hanging forever for me and failing to fetch anything. I guess I must upgrade to iTunes 7.

Last edited:

tigerintank

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2013
hmm going back and memory not the most reliable but iirc if you used something like pear lyrics and one of dougs applescripts that allowed you to pay the start of each song in your library consecutively, you could effectively automate the whole of your library.

there was some tuning needed to make sure that the playing time was long enough for pear lyrics to go out to its 3 or 4 sources of lyrics, find them and then write to the mp3 or whatever music file, before the script moved onto the next song.

once you had that nailed tho, you could let it run over several days and do a large library.

----------
boy i'd forgotten about pear lyrics - I remember the whole david vs goliath thing that went on between the writer/designer of pear lyrics and the music companies who threatened to sue the poor guy out of existence :(
----------

oops too much wine :eek: it's album art not lyrics obviously.

still the method is the same iirc - there were various dashboard widgets that did the same thing for album art, that pear lyrics did for lyrics. just use one of dougs applescripts in the same way.

or i could be talking out of my hat due to too much relaxant :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.