Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events

Old Jan 9, 2003, 11:46 AM   #1
Actuary
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to Actuary
Smart Watches

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/0...eut/index.html

This looks neato, I thought you guys might be interested

Actuary
Actuary is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2003, 12:24 PM   #2
liven2
macrumors regular

How could he...

The imac is like the avatar?? WHAT?? Is he a complete ignoramus? (spelling)
liven2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2003, 12:32 PM   #3
rainman::|:|
macrumors 603

Send a message via Yahoo to rainman::|:|
Uhh... did he tell anyone what the point of the watch is? I'd rather carry an MP3 player than struggle with a wristwatch to carry 12 hours of sound...

i don't think i need MS running my watch, too. Before you know it, they'll be renumbering time "The New Standard" to suit their own needs... heh...

pnw
rainman::|:| is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2003, 04:16 PM   #4
lmalave
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to lmalave Send a message via MSN to lmalave Send a message via Yahoo to lmalave Send a message via Skype™ to lmalave
I dunno if I'd get the watch, but the general concept of sending digital data on fringe FM radio frequencies sounds brilliant. So you can tune in to data the same way you do the radio or TV. Sounds kinda similar to the way my pager gets automatically updated with news headlines, weather, etc. The idea of the refrigerator magnets that show data (weather, sports scores, stock ticker) sounds silly but at the same time brilliant. FM is available everywhere, so until the years and years it will take for the country to be blanketed by Wi-Fi, I think these little FM SmartObjects will actually catch on (assuming the service is cheap or even free). I can definitely envision them in cars and around the house. I think Microsoft has actually come up with something cool and totally unexpected here.

Now let's see how they mess up the implementation...

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events