Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lisius_kent

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Bend, Oregon
Upon trying to acess my 2 ITMS accounts I get an error saying the store is temporarily unavailable. Could this mean that apple is updating the store for some kind of update tomorrow?

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
iTMS Canada is working fine as well. I have heard this already mentioned in other threads though, and people have commented that the US Store is back up and 2x faster.

greg555

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2005
Canada
A few hours ago I couldn't buy any songs or albums on the Canadian store. I kept getting a message that the song was no longer available, but might be available elsewhere on the iTMS.

Now I'm getting that the store is currently unavailable (error 5555).

Could tomorrow be the intro of tiered pricing?

Greg

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
I'm getting temporarily unavailable messages in US iTMS...error 5555. Happens when I try to add stuff to my cart or view my cart. :confused:

vienna

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2004
Raleigh, North Carolina
Me to

I can't buy from iTunes in the states at present.

I tryed to buy a TV show on two different machines and both got the following message:

Could not purchase "Unknown". The music Store is temporarily unavailable. (5555) There was an error in the Music Store. Please try again later.

I don't know if this is just a problem with all TV shows, just this TV show or whether music downloads are also getting a problem, (I would try to see but I can't think of any music I want right now).

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
As noted in for my location, the iTMS is giving me a 5555 when I try to look at my account. I sent a audiobook to a friend of mine and, already authorized, he is getting the same error too. :( I hope it's something good!
-Chasen

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
If they're actually going to update it on Tuesday. For the past few weeks, it's been pretty irregular. Either way, the new music Tuesday updates have never "brought down" the store.

*sits and waits to go to bed after the store becomes functional again*
-Chasen

greg555

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2005
Canada
The Canadian store is back up. I managed to buy and download my album, though the download speed seemed 2 or 3 times slower than normal.

Greg

capiendo

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2005
California, baby!
vingle

see something new? it only appears when 1st loaded.

itms_vingle.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.