Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Does anyone know? None of the apps/programs I have found online pertain to Mac versions but there has to be a way to sort them out and delete the duplicates...any ideas?

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
There is a script to remove duplicates.

http://www.scriptsformac.com/script-download-index/outlook-for-mac-scripts/

To install, click on the Script icon (squiggly S to the right of Help) and select "About this menu". Click on the Open Folder button to open the Script Menu Items folder in Application Support. Put the script in this folder. Select the script from the Menu bar to run.

Thanks...I used spotlight to locate the folder to drop the script into but after restarting Outlook the script isn't there. What should I check?

EDIT: Read the notes on the script page.....was putting it in wrong location. Thanks!

Last edited:

gebrialsmith

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2014
root causes for getting duplicate emails in Outlook 2011 Mac

Does anyone know? None of the apps/programs I have found online pertain to Mac versions but there has to be a way to sort them out and delete the duplicates...any ideas?

The root causes for getting duplicate emails in Outlook 2011 Mac are:

• Clash among rules which are configured with bad settings
• Lost connection with email server due to maintenance
• Or Outlook database is corrupted

In case of first issue, you should check the rules again as well as remove duplicate accounts.

For sever related issues, contact with network administration.
In case database file is corrupted then Outlook user has responsibility to ‘re-build the database’. Outlook Mac 2011 database format is OLM file. Sometimes, it got corruption due to unknown error. In this situation some alternative ways are available like OLM repair methodology. In my knowledge, you can try Stellar Phoenix OLM repair i.e. provided by independent vendor.

dadarara

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
the link is not active

the link you gave for the script is not active.
how can I download the sctipt please

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.