Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rocker121234

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2014
I am currently on IOS 7.0 and every time I install CCLoader, it causes my Springboard to crash and brings me to Safe Mode. I don't understand why seeing as though I have had it before, while still on IOS 7.0, and it didn't crash then. Note that I have also tried installing previous versions and still had the same issue. Please help!! I want to use ProWidgets from my Control Center, along with other tweaks. Thanks in advance.

Rocker121234

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2014
IMG_0152.PNG

IMG_0153.PNG

Rocker121234

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2014
That's only like half of what I had lolz. I uninstalled everything I had installed from the time CCLoader started causing this issue so I can't see why it would be one of the tweaks i had when CCLoader was working. Besides HiddenSettings7, nothing else I have interacts with CCLoader. And I just tried uninstalling HiddenSettings7 with no luck. I also disabled everything in Winterboard and still no luck.

Last edited:

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Wow, that's half?:D lol
That's why I stick to basics and install stuff I really need and use daily.
The more stuff you install the worst your chances are of conflicts like that and then trying to trace them back is very time consuming.

Rocker121234

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2014
Well I try my best to keep track of everything and trust me, I have had some tweaks for speed improvements to help. The rest is just because i like to have a fully customized iPhone to suit my needs and interests. And really it's really fast, even with everything i had. I sometimes do have crashes/problems and am able to solve them but this time I'm really stuck.

Rocker121234

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2014
It's gotta be something else because like for example, say your camera app crashes, it's because of a 'camera' tweak. So when you take away the 'camera' tweak, the app works again. Same with CCLoader. It deals with Control Center and I have uninstalled any tweak that deals with Control Center, which still doesn't help. I've even continued getting rid of other tweaks/themes but still nothing works. CrashReporter doesn't even pick up the SpringBoard crash. I just don't get it. Ugh. I guess I just gotta live without it or hope an update comes out soon that fixes this. Thanks for trying though.

HenryLong

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2013
Germany
As I understand you had CCLoader some time ago, then de-installed for some time and now trying to re-install.
If so, try deleting the corresponding plist 'de.j-gessner.ccloader.plist' (find it in iFile var/mobile/Library/Preferences/).
Afterwards install CCLoader from Cydia.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
It's gotta be something else because like for example, say your camera app crashes, it's because of a 'camera' tweak. So when you take away the 'camera' tweak, the app works again. Same with CCLoader. It deals with Control Center and I have uninstalled any tweak that deals with Control Center, which still doesn't help. I've even continued getting rid of other tweaks/themes but still nothing works. CrashReporter doesn't even pick up the SpringBoard crash. I just don't get it. Ugh. I guess I just gotta live without it or hope an update comes out soon that fixes this. Thanks for trying though.

It's not always that simple.
Stuff that have nothing to do with a specific function can still cause bugs and interfere with other packages.

Rocker121234

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2014
As I understand you had CCLoader some time ago, then de-installed for some time and now trying to re-install.
If so, try deleting the corresponding plist 'de.j-gessner.ccloader.plist' (find it in iFile var/mobile/Library/Preferences/).
Afterwards install CCLoader from Cydia.

I've done this and still get the crash.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
^and to give an example of that. There's a bug where if you have multitasking gestures installed, in the messages app (or biteSMS app) , the touch sensitivity when you go into the "more" menu is significantly increased

I've contacted the dev about it around 2 weeks ago (when I finally found out what was causing it after having it installed for quite some time and noticing the problem) but there still hasn't been a fix pushed yet so hoping that gets fixed soon. Gets annoying when deleting MMS :p

Edit: refers to AppleJuiced's post

cchunk

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2012
I actually had this problem with my air when i installed prowidgets. whenever i would swipe up for the CC, it would crash instantly. at the time i couldnt uninstall ccloader because it was dependent on prowidgets(or vice versa). The last update removed that dependency and now mine works thankfully. i did have flipcontrolcenter installed at the same time if that matters.

Rocker121234

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2014
Well I've decided just to delete everything I had from Cydia and tried CCloader being my only tweak and still get the crash. The only other things I have in Cydia are the important things, like Mobile Substrate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.