Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nelson1457

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
The ATV could really use some hotkeys for oft used actions.

For example, I'm a little hard of hearing, I sometimes want subtitles, but when my friend is over she doesn't like them.

So, I'm watching a show in Netflix, have to escape all the way to the main screen, click on settings, go to audio then turn on subtitles. Then I have to head back to the main screen, enter Netflix, find the show I was watching and resume it. Thirty-one clicks.

If there was a way to bring up a hotkey menu, it would be so easy.

linds15

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
Great White North
The ATV could really use some hotkeys for oft used actions.

For example, I'm a little hard of hearing, I sometimes want subtitles, but when my friend is over she doesn't like them.

So, I'm watching a show in Netflix, have to escape all the way to the main screen, click on settings, go to audio then turn on subtitles. Then I have to head back to the main screen, enter Netflix, find the show I was watching and resume it. Thirty-one clicks.

If there was a way to bring up a hotkey menu, it would be so easy.

hold the centre button down, bringing up a options menu. you can then turn on/off subtitles, change the audio language, or the audio output

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.