Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tevion5

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
Ireland
I recently got an awesome SD card adapter from Bulgaria of all places. This really cool guy builds a load of different modern Apple II peripherals such as mocking-board replicas and stuff. He built this tiny SD card adapter that connects straight into the Disk II controller. As far as the Apple II thinks, its a floppy drive. I can load many different images on the cards at once and switch between them with a button and LED on the front of the adapter. All I have to do is download the DSK images, paste them onto the card, put in it and boot up! No special software or anything! Its just awesome. I highly recommend this guy :) And all for around 60 euros including shipping.

IMG_4918.jpg

Tiny little thing compared to the huge Disk II drive!

IMG_4920.jpg

IMG_4942.jpg

It came with a good few games and apps, but I downloaded Ultima I to test a new application. Took me all of 1 minute from on my iMac's desktop to running on 1979 hardware :cool: Now to get Oregon Trail!

IMG_4949.jpg

(Ebay link for anyone interested: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/291100234212?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649) [I am not benefiting from the sale of this item, I'm just spreading information. Not advertising intentionally!]

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.