Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events

Old Jan 9, 2003, 01:35 PM   #1
medea
macrumors 68030

Wirelessly beam mp3's from mac to stereo soon....

Macsense has announced the HomePod, a digital home entertainment device that allows users to take advantage of their existing wireless network to beam MP3 files stored on their Macs or PCs to devices located anywhere in the house. The handheld device, which is based on GLOO technology developed by GLOOLABS Inc., offers the ability to browse by artists, style and song name. It also checks to see how many computers are on the wireless network and pools all the song lists together. HomePod is scheduled to ship in late March for US$199.
http://www.macsense.com/company/Pres.../20030107.html
http://www.gloolabs.com/Registration.php

It looks kinda ugly though....I have a feeling the developements with Rendezvous will bring something better.
Attached Images

Solipsist's Creed:
Zero's company, one's a crowd.
medea is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2003, 03:55 PM   #2
rainman::|:|
macrumors 603

Send a message via Yahoo to rainman::|:|
Very cool, but i think if this kind of thing is going to catch on (and i do), it has to be more full-featured. Two-way video beaming, MP3, ability to control your computer from your TV and vice versa... a whole digital entertainment system, with full computer tie-ins...

should be interesting to see how well it does...

pnw
rainman::|:| is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2003, 05:14 PM   #3
pantagruel
macrumors regular

looks pretty neat to me, I'd love to be able to keep all my music in iTunes and play it on my home stereo, as cool as all the speakers there are out for the mac they stll dont hold up to a home stereo.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events